Can you believe this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Boxer Booster
The past week or so Rocky would come into the living room after eating his supper and sit down and stare at me!! Now our schedule goes something like this; I come home from work change clothes and we go to the dog park for a couple of hours where he plays with his friends, chases frisbees and tennis balls, goes swimming in the creek, etc. truly doggie heaven, we think. Then we come home and eat dinner.
Usually now he's tired and goes to his bed and takes a nap. But, no. Here he is sitting right smack in fromt of the TV screen staring at me! He's got that really sad look on his face, you know the one, his forehead is all wrinkled up and those big brown eyes are looking so sad.
frown.gif
I talk to him, "what' wrong?" nothing, just sits and stares.
Now I'm wondering what is going on with this dog. Why is he staring at me like that?
So last night I get down on the floor with him all of a sudden he's all happy again. He goes to get one of his chew toys lays down next to me and starts chewing. He wanted me to come down on the floor with him!! He sure got his message across. What a sweetie. When he was done chewing he went to his bed and I was "allowed" to go back on the sofa. I just love this dog!!!

------------------
Rocky's Mom
4 yr old white, natural ears, cropped tail

Eva

Boxer Booster
AWWWW I think your baby is madly in love w/you! hehehe How cute!
smile.gif

Eva

------------------
**VERY PROUD MAMA OF**
Roxy Ember Gitzes - Adopted at 7/99, 1 1/2 years old, female, fawn, natural ears

Kaiser Joe Gitzes - rescued from a shelter 7/00, 6 years old, male, fawn, cropped ears

Amy Lyn

Super Boxer
I've had a very strange experience with that myself.

When my dog was sick and dying (NOT IN ANY WAY DOES THAT MEAN THAT YOU DOG IS), one night he got up in the middle of the night and I let him out. After coming back in, he just stopped, turned around and stared at me, almost like he was staring a hole into me. It felt so strange to me. I thought to myself, "if this dog could talk, he's going to do it any minute now." I went to bed and just felt really weird about the whole situation. The next day, his illness took a turn for the worse and we had to put him to sleep.

In hindsight, I think he was telling me that it was his time.

Again, I mean to tell you this not because I think your dog is dying, just that I had a similiar "staring experience"

------------------
Amy Lyn
Wagner (Fawn, black mask) b: 04/25/00
Clark (Fawn, black mask) b: 03-11-99 (Rainbow Bridge 05-06-00)

tedjax

Completely Boxer Crazy
My Indy stares at me, too. I always thought it is because I work and when I come home he's just sooooo happy I'm there. Usually, it is because he wants something like more food, i.e. people food. The main thing he wants is my attention. Indy loves to play all day and all night. He will forego eating to play. He likes to play "towel"...I get the dish towel and snap it at him and he tries to get away. If I don't get the towel myself, he will steal it off the hook by the sink and run with it. He knows that I will come get it and snap it at him. It's pretty funny. Anyway this is off the staring subject...

------------------
Trish
Indy-Neutered, Natural, Fawn, Flashy-10/6/98
Beauty-Spayed,Cropped, Fawn, Black Mask-9/20/94; Adopted from rescue in New Orleans
Shiloh-10/18/85 to 10/14/98; Waiting for me at the Bridge

Sierra

Boxer Buddy
Hi Dee,
Hate to be a "wet rag" but I just want to warn you to be careful about letting you dog exercise and then eat and drink. That is how dogs get bloat. They are too hungry and thirsty from playing or exercising and eat and drink to much at once for the stomach to properly digest. Trying feeding dinner before you go to play and just water when you get back.

Barney--Brindle male/n 13mo. natural ear
Remmmy--Boxer mix male/n 18mo.
Samson--Fawn Rainbow Bridge I miss you!

nanabear

Banned
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tedjax:
He likes to play "towel"...I get the dish towel and snap it at him and he tries to get away. If I don't get the towel myself, he will steal it off the hook by the sink and run with it. He knows that I will come get it and snap it at him. It's pretty funny.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be careful snapping towels - I have a friend whose dog got snapped in the eye that way and is having all kinds of trouble getting a scratched cornea to heal. Sorry to be a *doomer and gloomer* about having fun
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.