1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I vent?

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Sister Ray, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scrapper's Mom

Scrapper's Mom Boxer Insane

I totally agree - mixed breed dogs are wonderful pets. I've owned several of them in my past - great dogs that we still talk about. But, they weren't called some fancy name and the product of deliberate breeding.

2. MortarDogg

MortarDogg Guest

Someone posted about REFUSING to put CockerPoo on the paperwork for grooming or whatever it was. To me that is very snotty and I personally would have went elsewhere. Look lady, it is MY dog and I can call her whatever I freaking well want to. If you don't like it then someone who does like her can cut her hair.

The people who love these types of dogs do not see them as Mutts. They are cross-breeding to get a specific trait or appearance. The EXACT same way that Boxers were created way back in the day.

A gentleman from Munich, named George Alt, had purchased a small (Brabanter) Bullenbeisser female in France. He brought her home to Munich, and mated her to a local dog, which produced a parti-colored female - who was named Schenken. Schenken was later mated to an English Bulldog... Each breeding was to capture a certain look, personality or trait

Back then some snotty Bullenbeisser and English Bulldog owners were sitting around complaining about this George guy who was INVENTING new breeds "just to make a buck" They were all probably making fun of the name too..."A Shenken!!! ha haha, what's he gonna call the next one? A BOXER !!!! HA HA HA. Why would he breed them when we already have perfectly good Bullenbeissers in these parts?"

I mean...it all depends on how you look at it. I see it as a step forward. The same way that Mr. Alt saw it.

Bottom line is that ALL bad breeders and owners are bad...purebred OR mixed. You may not like the New era of mutant X-Dogs, but someone out there obviously does. Don't slam their preferences they probably think your Boxer is very Noble and Proud, they deserve the same respect if they are a good owner.

3. SweetGirlie1400

SweetGirlie1400 Super Boxer

:confused: nope.. i didnt say I was against mixed breeds... see your RESCUED your dog.. thats not going out to a so called BREEDER (BYB that is.. menaing NO testing or nething> or the Pet Store PUPPYMILL and buying mixes for thousands of dollars (sum advertise 2000-3000 $ pups) go to a rescue or go to the shelter and you'll see there's TONZ AND TONZ of mixes and a lot of them are just wee lil puppies and darn adorible... when I was in the pets tore to pick up some more food for my kitty all i saw were mixes in thoes windows just bout any kind of mixture you could possibly think of!! :mad: :mad: and the sad part was most of thoes mixes looked just like shitzus (cant spell that sorry) so why not go out to a proper breeder and just just urself a purebred, registered shitzu for much less money and its parents have been tested and you get your first vaccine shots done!! And once again I am defending poodles... they are NOT ugly and have wonderful personalities if the OWNERS actually let them experience what its like to have fun... there are many boxers that go to rescue and have no idea what its like to play or what play even is and the same goes for any breed.. I grew up with my aunty's poodle and he was such a sweet protective boy.. he wa sone of my best friends and it was very hard when my aunt had to put him down at the old age of 16 <he was very very sick and one day he refused to walk and thats when it was time for him to go> so it hurts me when people critisize these beautiful dogs.

Last edited: May 23, 2003
  4. MortarDogg

MortarDogg Guest

OK OK OK OK OK OK

Sorry for the ugly poodle comment. I am being 2 faced...I am saying to respect other mixed-breeds, but I said I think poodles are ugly...Sorry for that.
    I have only had negative experiences with the owners of the Large poodles. They really seem to have a superiority complex here where I live. I can't stand their attitude. I remember bending down to say hi to one and the owner sharply told me not to let the beast(my Oscar) drool on her shiny coat! So in retrospect I should have clarified that...I am not Poodle Racist...just would not go out of my way to meet an owner. I try to avoid people who think they are better than me, no need to get in trouble because I could not control my temper and punched someone's lights out.

5. SweetGirlie1400

SweetGirlie1400 Super Boxer

:) okay ur forgiven... yes i understand what you mean tho.. but its the owners really not the dogs.. i mean there's a lot of people who own boxers and u'd never think of them as boxer owners rite :rolleyes: ... I actually found the standard poodles to be a bit scary be4 i started researching them and when i met my teachers standard poodle I realised how wrong I was... he just wanted to ruff house all the time.

6. Nek'sMom

Nek'sMom Boxer Booster

I was just talking about this with my bf yesterday! Funny! I have nothing against mutts, my family owned a bunch, the best dogs we still talk about them too! It makes me nuts to hear about "new breeds." I read that the Labradoodle has some of THE worst health problems vets have seen. My future MIL wants one of those things, I blurted out, "those are nasty", she wasn't too pleased! I would never spend a grand on any dog, and this woman was willing to pi$$ away however much for an ugly mutt. She has my bf's golden retriever Jofa, (we had to leave him with them cuz I am allergic)and wanted to get rid of him for one of those. They are inventing new breeds, whether or not all dogs were crossed to make a certain breed. IMO I think that somehow it just "happened" and people thought they were oh so cute, and BANG new breed!
    FOOL, right here! When did honesty become a bad thing? Those people selling those "mixed" breeds are making money off a mutt and a uneducated dog purchaser. I would be very quick to let them know!

7. Scrapper's Mom

Scrapper's Mom Boxer Insane

Sometimes people who are willing to wave their money around to get something are not going to be the most caring and suitable owners. Yes, there is a "market price" but buying puppies isn't an auction - it's not top bidder gets the dog, or at least, it shouldn't be.

8. Nek'sMom

Nek'sMom Boxer Booster

Scrapper's Mom, I agree with you! It makes me sad that people would take advantage of other people that way. I know like the rest of you when we were looking for a pup we got third degreed by our breeder. I wonder if these people even care enough to ask anything about who their pups are going to! But obviously they don't care if they rip people off! It shouldn't be top bidder, it should be the person you feel would be the best parent to the pup! :p

9. Vela

Vela Boxer Insane

No offence to anyone but that dobie poodle mix was one of the ugliest dogs I have ever seen =x Dobermans are beautiful dogs, I don't care much for poodle looks but that may be because I only ever see those froo froo kind that I think look rediculous. But to cross the two....some breeds mix like oil and water and you get an UGLY dog. This is just my opinion so don't take my head off=) I just have to wonder, WHY is a poodle used to mix with everything? and why are people breeding more mixed breeds with no registrations when they can go get one at the pound? Why are dogs with the exact same "breeding" being killed by the truckload in shelters while people are out there intentionally breeding more? THATS the part that gets me. I've had dogs thate were *mutts* and they were great dogs, but so many die every day that it pisses me off to see people just perpetuating that kind of crap.

10. SammynDqtz

SammynDqtz Boxer Insane

They probably use poodle with a lot of these mixes because they don't shed, therefore the offspring would probably shed only a little bit. Not sure if that is true for all these Poo mixes but I know that is why they mixed the Lab with the Poodle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.