1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all Nautral Ears

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Scorpio, Feb 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwailo

Gwailo Boxer Buddy

Bat Dog !!

When C. G. lays on his back, his big floppy ears look like bat wings. Sometimes we call him "Bat Dog":D

He is always getting his ears flipped back and I sometimes fix them. He had some crusting along the edge of his ears. We made the mistake of taking him to the Vet for this to be checked. Over $400 later we were told "no problem, it's normal". I think we'll be looking for another Vet soon.:mad:

Gwailo

2. myrocky

myrocky Boxer Insane

:LOL: :LOL: That is too funny! We do that too! When Rocks lays with his head back or if he is looking up at you and his ears flop out (not back all the way to form curlers ;) but to where they look like they are standing up) we call those his bat ears! Because they are so big and too funny to look at! :LOL:

3. hugomom1

hugomom1 Super Boxer

Hugo is the same way

He is the clown of the dog park when he comes running with both ears and tongue flopping in the wind. For the longest time he couldn't hold both of them forward. It was always one forward and one back. Check out my gallery and you'll see what I mean! Hugo is the biggest goof!

4. PSUHeather

PSUHeather Boxer Booster

Both my girls return from running around outside in the condition known as FLIP-EAR. I think it is just gravity working on longish floppy ears flapping.

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Boxer Insane

Such cute responses! we shud take pictures of all the different ear wears!

6. Dragosani1

Dragosani1 Boxer Pal

Bobs ears used to flop back all the time and Dariens do too. We just say that he has his hat on backwards. Whats really funny is when he falls asleep on the air conditioning vent. The fan kicks on and his ears just sort of hover and flap out to the sides, like he's trying to take flight.angelicon

7. budlitefan

budlitefan Boxer Booster

I just love the natural ear look soooo much!...Seem so adorable when they arent cropped. Syscos' ears are natural & lie just right. Occasionally I will fold them back when were all playing and then he reminds me of a pig :LOL: he looks so silly but cute. I love when he runs throughout the house or outdoors, all you see is his ears flying in the wind :D

8. rc

rc Boxer Booster

Lisa has the bat ear thing when she is goofing around -- and the ears that are tossed in the wind -- hey, look at me aren't I sooo cool! I am just so marvelous darling!:LOL: :LOL:

9. Sarah Lynn

Sarah Lynn Boxer Booster

When Brin gets really interested in something she perks up her ears and looks like Bat Dog. So, that's what we call her when we tease her about her ears! Both of ours are natural ears also, I think that's part of their charm.

Sarah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.