1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all Nautral Ears

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by Scorpio, Feb 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scorpio

Scorpio Boxer Insane

Hi there!

Ozzy has natural ears and they lie well. When he's playing and running around his ears flip back a lot. My hubby is forever saying fix your ears! When outisde I think hubby thinks his ears are going to freeze when they fold back.

Does this happen to your boxers with natural ears? Just wondering. :confused:

2. buddy'smom

buddy'smom Boxer Pal

Hi Scorpio
    Yes this happens to Kailee all the time, mind you her ears do not lay as nicely as some natural ears do. I am not sure if you have ever heard of the massage for natural ears, but since Ozzy is so young, this may really help him. I do it on Kailee, not so much that she will benefit now from it, but she loves it. Here is the link, if you already have it, well sorry for repeating myself LOLOL

Jean

http://intrends.tripod.com/MASSAGE.html

3. P's Poppa

P's Poppa Boxer Booster

Once this winter Prince's ear did collect frost on the tips while on his daily run. He has long floppy ears, I hope his head will grow into them.

4. trudy

trudy Completely Boxer Crazy

Trudy has natural ears, they are too big for her head right now, but they always flop over backwards, she never fixes them...

My favorite is when she wakes up from her nap and comes trotting out with both her ears flopped over the wrong way...she looks soo cute:D

5. lildoormouse_1

lildoormouse_1 Super Boxer

Pretty too has natural ears and when playing or just waking up her ears usually fold inside out :LOL: We call them her "curlers" :LOL: She looks so cute when it happens! :p

6. vasha

vasha Boxer Pal

kaiser's ears are hilarious. they dont flop the same way, one to the side, and one forward. it's cute and it gives him personality, well that's the way i look at it :p

VaSHa frogicon

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Boxer Insane

Thanks,

Its so nice to know it happens to other boxers too. Hubby thought maybe it would break the grissel in his ears or maybe his brain would freeze in the cold. :LOL:

Curlers thats a cute one.

8. Aimee

Aimee Boxer Insane

This hapens to both our natural eared babies and both of them have ears that lay nicely :)

9. Tigger Cinto

Tigger Cinto Boxer Pal

All the time. I'm forever saying to Tigger "Fix your ears you look like a girl" and he looks at me shakes his head and fixes his ears. It is soo cute.!!!

Tigger Cinto
    9 month old Brindle Male.

10. Magoo's Mama

Magoo's Mama Boxer Pal

Magoo's convertible ears

I opted to leave Magoo's ears natural, as I didn't want to put him through the trauma of cropping.

While he was growing into those ears, they would stand out to the side, and he looked like Yoda, which was actually very cute on a fat little brick-house Boxer puppy with pontoon feet. Just added to his prepubescent charm...

I'm so glad I left those ears alone...they are beautifully shaped and positioned now.

But they do fly occasionally, when he's playing or sleeping (bed ears!), although for the most part, they stay folded down like envelope flaps.

--Fran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.