bumps on tyson???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Ty

Boxer Booster
tyson has had little bumps on his back and side. He has been breaking out with them for the last month. They will last about 5 days and then come back about about 5-7 days. They are very small and I only notice them because his hair stands up over the bumps. I have tryed benadryl with no luck. I took him to the vet and he said its allergies, but offered no remedy other than the usual meds thet they always offer that does no good. I dont belive its food alleries because hes was broke out on both canidae and natural balance, and seems to be doing very well on the natural balance. Also his ears have been really red on the inside. Has anyone had any thing similiar to this? If so can you please post pics so I can confirm it to be the same and tell me what was causing your reaction and what you did about it. Thanks

Caney Creek

Boxer Insane
Don't know if it could be the same thing, but Caney's got some strange bumps right now as well. Not hives -- she's had hives before, and these aren't the same. They're on the top of her head, the back of her neck, a few along her spine, and a LOT on the underneath and sides of her neck. Nowhere else. They are about the size of mosquito bites (if there weren't so many I'd think they might be some sort of insect bites) and they're hard and dry; many of them are scabbed over, especially the ones on her head/neck/back.

It seems like they appeared a few weeks ago when she had a bath, and her skin was VERY dry after that. Her skin was bright pink for about a week, too. Her ears have also been bothering her a lot, very itchy and sensitive.

I took pictures a few days ago but haven't gotten around to uploading them. I will try to do that tomorrow. Caney's also got an appt. at the vet tomorrow about all her skin issues, so I'll let you know how it goes.

tianthai

Completely Boxer Crazy
I had similar problem while living in Singapore. He often had bumps/pimples all over his back. I took him to see the vet and was told that it was not food allergy but more environmental, dust, dust mites and etc. He was always given antibiotic for 10 days, the bumps would go away, then about a week after antibiotic they would come back again. So off we went again to see the vet. Occasionally he would have ear infection to go with it. Now it seems very obvious that the humidity gave him those bumps. Dubai is quite dry, now he does not have bumps. Since we have moved here (in May) he got bumps once but from some plants that he put his back to them. If you dog does not start chewing his paw, it should not be food allergy (well, I was told). Good luck!

Caney Creek

Boxer Insane
I had similar problem while living in Singapore. He often had bumps/pimples all over his back. I took him to see the vet and was told that it was not food allergy but more environmental, dust, dust mites and etc.

That's what I suspected -- dust/dust mites. However Caney's seems to be linked not to humidity, but the DRY air since it's gotten colder here.

tianthai

Completely Boxer Crazy
Forgot to add that I use vinegar to clean his bed sheet and ours (he sleeps with us most of the time). Have you taken you dog to see the vet and have them do skin scrap? They might be able to tell you and give you some medicine to help.

tamira

Boxer Pal
We had Boomer at the vet on Saturday for another issue, but the vet said to watch him because of the dry air now that he has seen alot of dogs with skin conditions. I dont know if it will help Tyson, but try bathing him in Selson Blue moisturizing shampoo.

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
FYI-dog.com sells an Oatmeal Shampoo with a great cinnamon scent for dry skin. Made for Sharpei's who have skin conditions and dry skin problems. It works great on my boxer in the winter. Her skin never gets dry and she maintains her oil in her coat after the bath. It comes in a gallon jug and costs about $40 but worth it in my book. Never any dander or dandruff and helps exfoliate and de-shed in the tub, not afterwards.

ctank

Boxer Pal
Sam gets the bumps also. In his case, they are mostly due to envirnomental allergens and will usually appear after he spends a lot of time outdoors. He also gets the red ears, but that is food allergy. He east Natual Balance and does very well, but treats are what causes us problems. If we give too many, or share too many bites of people food, his ears end up red and with scabs from him scratching.

Status
Not open for further replies.