Buddah Needs Some Healing Vibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrocky

Boxer Insane
I hope she feels better soon Mandy! What if you tried to give her some broth to drink or see if maybe she will eat some baby food (just make sure there is no onions in the ingredients). The baby food is soft and she can just lick it up. Plus it has a high moisture content so that she won't get dehydrated. You can get meat flavors in the babyfood. Becareful with the milk, cats are lactose intolerent and milk can cause stomach upset and the runs.

Boxer_21

Boxer Insane
Thank you for the info Andie. Buddah got up to use the potty on her own a little while ago so we figured we'd give the water a shot again, this time she finally had some. Not much, but it's a start. She still won't touch her normal food though. I think she's becoming spoiled with the "real" stuff. :LOL:

I took a few pictures of her while she was resting. They're not the prettiest pictures, but if you're curious to see what her injury looks like, feel free.

http://www.rileys-realm.net/bite1.jpg
http://www.rileys-realm.net/bite2.jpg
http://www.rileys-realm.net/bite3.jpg (the biggest picture w/closest shot of the wound).

- Mandy

luvfritz

Boxer Pal
Ohhh - what an awful bite - almost to the bone :( Plus being right on the bend of the leg - must have been excruiating. Thank God she has you to look after her and get her proper medical attention. Sending little healing kitty vibes ~~~~~

Barb

Holden's Mom

Boxer Insane
Mandy,

Good news that Buddah did not suffer any fractured bones. Cats do need to eat at least a bit of food. Andie is correct on the baby food. I used to give Lewis baby turkey, or chicken or lamb if I did not have a can of Hill's Scieince A/D on hand. I usually have at least one in the pantry. A/D is a liver pate for ailing cats and dogs. Your boys would love it too. It is availabe at the vets.

Buddah will feel better in the next couple of days. Don't know about the extra rabies vaccine. If your state is on the three year vacs and Buddah last had the rabies vac two or more years ago I could understand. Here in IN we are on a one year vac and the vet's want the law changed to three years. My vet feels indoor cats are way over vaccinated.

Healing vibes are still coming Buddah's way.

Pam and Pete and Pinky

Poor Baby!

Kitty bites are some of the worst things! I know from experiance!:eek: A good round of antibiotics should have Buddah feeling better in no time. :) I have no idea about the rabies shot :confused: If anything I would have thought a distemper booster would have been in order, but I am not a vet and do not know the laws in your state.

Maybe you can convince your family that Buddah needs to stay indoors from now on! I rescued or rather was adopted by a mature older stray (Magic Kitty) who was about 4 and had suffered a bad cat bite on his head! Our vet said in no uncertain terms he HAD to remain inside from then on as since it was obvious that there was a new "King of the Block" he would be getting in repeated fights if left outside. smashicon Allthough he was not happy at first he has ajusted fine and now 5 years later he is happy being a house cat! :D

Jennifer & the Kitty Club

Boxer_21

Boxer Insane
An Update on Buddah

Thought I'd give you all an update on how Miss Buddah is doing. She's been on antibiotics since Monday and she's definitely improved significantly. She can now put some weight on her leg, but not all of her weight just yet. She still has a noticeable limp. The swelling has almost gone down completely and the actual bite appears to be healing very well.

She's trying like heck to get outside, but of course she can't just yet. She's a moody cat to begin with so us moving her away from the door doesn't sit to well with her. She normally responds with a loud growl as we're carrying her and then a hiss when we put her back down. It's nice to see she's back to her normal grouchy self. :LOL:

- Mandy

luvfritz

Boxer Pal
That's great news, Mandy - a hissy fit is a great sign to recovery - that should be a bumper sticker :D You must feel like you're running an infirmary with Buddah's boo-boo and Mason's surgery :( Well, glad to hear Buddah is getting back to herself appicon

Barb

Boxer_21

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by luvfritz
You must feel like you're running an infirmary with Buddah's boo-boo and Mason's surgery :(

Mason had surgery?? I don't think he knows that!!! :LOL: I swear I think he feels that he was just away for the day!! He took a short nap when we got home yesterday afternoon, but since then he's been his wired self!!I don't the vets told him he should take it easy for a few days. :LOL:

- Mandy

Scorpio

Boxer Insane
Glad to hear that the gangs feeling better. I think sometimes they favour their sore leg because its like when we sprain or hurt our foot badly we tend to limp and favour it for a little longer than we shud. Poor little girl. hugs

Holden's Mom

Boxer Insane
Glad to hear both Buddah and Mason are feeling better. I just knew young Mason would be back to normal in no time. It's hard to keep a good man down.

Pam and Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.