1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brushing?

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by cfhtlhii, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfhtlhii

cfhtlhii Boxer Booster

I want to start brushing Princess's fur, but I don't know what type of brush I should get for her. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Connie

2. diego's heart

diego's heart Boxer Insane

I use a hand-held, mitt style brush made out of rubber with large nobbies on one (good for overall massage, esp. when shampooing) and finer thin needles on the opposite side. I bought at a major petstore... Lisa

3. dan h

dan h Super Boxer

We just use our hands. They rarely need any brushing done. When we are at the park or just outside, I just brush them with my hands a couple of times to get rid of any loose fur, which is rare.

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Boxer Insane

I do what dan says too, when they are outside i just brush him with my hand and all the hair flies off, I do also have a palm brush that I use, it has soft bristles and works well. What I also do is vacuum Ozzy, both my dogs just love it, I have central vac and its not noisy at all, when I turn on the vacuum Ozzy just sits there waiting to be vacuumed , I use a small rounds brush on the end.

5. Austin's Mom

Austin's Mom Boxer Insane

That I would LOVE to see! Austin likes to growl and bite at the vacuum. I could just picture him sitting there getting vaccuumed!:p

6. cfhtlhii

cfhtlhii Boxer Booster

Vaccuum!!!

I actually decided to try the vaccuum and it really works. I also use it now on my pug as well. I knew it wouldn't frighten him cause he likes to get blow dried after his baths and my vaccuum is not too loud. They both love it! Keeps me from having to use the vaccuum on the floors as often!:p
    Thanks for the great tip!

Connie

7. Louby

Louby Super Boxer

:LOL: :LOL: Whenever I get the vacuum cleaner out Oscar runs a mile!!!

We also use the mitt thing that Diegos Heart uses, it is fantastic and makes their coat really shiny. Oscar really enjoys being brushed as it massages him too!!!

I have been told also to use a plain rubber glove as it creates static !! It really does work!

8. jadavis702

jadavis702 Super Boxer

I bought an actual rubber brush at petsmart that creats static as you use it. It works create. The package said you could use it one your furniture and on floors and such. I haven't used it for that yet- but for the purpose it's wonderful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.