1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brinde update

Discussion in 'Stories' started by chegirl, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Checkers

Checkers Boxer Insane

Wow 8 months already! Times flies huh :D Its awesome how she has fitted in so well. I hope you have many more years with her :)

2. chegirl

chegirl Boxer Buddy

Hi Guys! Remember us-we found that old girl-Brinde in a shelter last year at this time. Cannot believe we have had her a year now, she didn't look like she would survive a few weeks. She is 9 now and I swear she is like that everready bunny! She still doesn't talk but she has a very unusual whine when she sees me getting ready to leave. Unfortunately, yes I do have to go to work and she can't! She has some stiffness on rainy days but it hardly slows her down. She doesn't play with toys per se but she does that wild spin around the yard when we are outside and the stance where they kind of bow down and their front legs are splayed. She is so goofy, just like our other girls were. I am always amazed at their built in innate qualities that are so common in all boxers, that is why they are all so lovable. I miss getting on Boxerworld and I realize I tend to use this site more when I have had concerns about something but anymore I don't have enough time in a day, either that or I am getting even less organized. (yikes!!!) Today happens to be my day off and it is POURING outside. Nice day to be home. Anyway, Thank You to the powers to be that made this site available, it's like having long distance family. I love reading the updates and checking out the pics.

3. Louise501

Louise501 Boxer Insane

I just had to take a look at Brinde, she is a very pretty girl, bless you for taking care of her and making her so happy! :)

4. Shakira's Ma

Shakira's Ma Banned

Could we see some updated pictures :) I would love to see the transformation that Brinde has made in a year and I am sure others would also.

5. Harry D

Harry D Boxer Buddy

Rescueing Seniors

You are awesome to rescue a senior, I wish more people would. I took a 9 yr old pair in January they where turned into our rescue because the people where getting divorced we had them in boarding for about 5 or 6 months.
    Well I took them to an adoption event in January and I could not take them back, I took them home and they mixed fine with my brood of 5 crazy Boxers
    the old girl passed to the bridge in April but you know she was loved and in ahome not passing in a boarding facility. The old boy Bernie mourned for a few days and all of a sudden you would think he was a 2 yr old running with my girls chasing birds barking at the planes flying overhead.
    It is the most rewarding thing I have ever done and I encourage more people to give these senior dogs a forever home.
    I officially adopted Bernie 2 months ago he is now my old man and we all love him very much.
    So please you people thinking about adopting a senior PLEASE do you will not regret it.
    Harry
    Arizona Boxer Rescue
    Dad to 6 crazy Boxers and 2 felines
    Sophia at the bridge

6. chegirl

chegirl Boxer Buddy

My husband is out of town this week but I promise I will get some updated pics on when he comes home! The notable difference is she has abit more girth, but she is still a very pretty girl. Harry, you had 7 boxers?! oh my, now that would be a site to behold! Where do they all sleep? It must sound like a chorus with all those noses whistling!

7. Harry D

Harry D Boxer Buddy

7 Boxers

Benie and Sophia the old pair slept in a crate when I first got them but after Sopia passed Bernie joined the rest out of his crate and sleeping in the dog beds on the floor. Buster my neurotic 4 yr old who is afraid we are going to leave sleeps in the bed with a succession of the others rotating through at night. I have a king size which is still not big enough sometimes, but it doesnt even wake me anymore when they get in or out my bed. They are not small either Bentley my white male is 100lbs and very tall, Buster is 75 lbs Bailey is 70 lbs, Zoey is about the same, Sophie is around 60 and Bernie the senior is about 70 lbs. A whole lot of Boxer love!!LOL!
    Harry

8. chegirl

chegirl Boxer Buddy

Don't even try and tell me you sleep thru the nite! We have 3 cats in the bed and Brinde next to the bed and tho it is comforting, especially in the winter, I could truly do with 2 less in the bed. You definately take the prize for "companion" dogs. Do you have pics onsite? My last boxer was a Sophie-great name for a girl, love your boy names too.

9. chegirl

chegirl Boxer Buddy

I don't know why it is so difficult for us to post pictures but it is. Rich just
    posted 2 and waiting on approval so check them out tomorrow? The pictures don't do her justice- I don't think she is much of a poster girl like
    Sophie. I need to learn how to do this myself but then entails using digital ahhhh.

10. Shakira's Ma

Shakira's Ma Banned

:( No pics showing up. I would love to see what she looks like today. What kind of problem are you haveing uploading pictures? Maybe someone or myself can help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.