1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breed Guess??

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by ggkiko, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ggkiko

ggkiko Boxer Pal

I have a 11 or 10 month old and I've never been real sure on what she is. Wondering if I could some other opinion s :) of course I know I could do a DNA test, but its expensive haha. And of course breed don't matter and we will love her the same. Just a little curious.
    For a little back ground info, we got her from the shelter with her 8 litter mates. The woman who brought the pups in said they were Chi and lab mixes. Now, some pups had long tails, some had half of a tail, some had maybe an inch, and one little guy had no tail at all. Not one pup, including my grace, had bald spot or scars on the ends to show they were docked... so I believe they were born that way, like she said. All pups were tan or light fawn with either a white mask or black mask.
    Grace is 15 pounds and full grown, her ears sometimes are up, sometimes are down. She has a very deep chest, kinds like how a boxer does whicj you can see in the black and white pic. I'm sure she has Chi in her, but I highly doubt she had much lab in her, if any at all.
    What do you guys think? Thanks!)

[​IMG]

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac166/candace_karr4/IMG_1655.jpg

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac166/candace_karr4/IMG_20110509_201736-1.jpg

Sorry I don't have better pics!

2. Madea

Madea Super Boxer

I just wanted to say i love the picture of all 3 of them. Absolutely adorable.

3. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

No idea, but very cute lovicon

I know someone who has a beagle mix that looks similar but not sure!

4. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

She is a cutie, and I can definitely see the Chi in her. In the black and white photo it looks like the hair on her back is a bit darker so she may have some shepard in her, or it could just be the lighting in the photo. As for all the different tail lengths for the rest of the litter, they all could have had different fathers.

5. Lizzie

Lizzie Boxer Insane

Sorry I really have no idea, but I did want to say how cute the pics are - specially the middle one with all three - just gorgeous lovicon

6. chrystel

chrystel Boxer Insane

i see sheperd in her too.

as for the tails, i thought the same thing: different dads?

she is super adorable!! lovicon

7. ggkiko

ggkiko Boxer Pal

Thanks everyone for the input, Shepard had never crossed my mind but I can kinda see it a little. I thought about the different dads too but all the pups looking the same threw me off but you never know. And there's very few breeds that are actually born with naturally docked tails... oh well. Haha

8. gmacleod

gmacleod Elusive Moderator Staff Member

Corgis are one ;) She does have a little bit of a look of corgi about her head, so maybe that's a possibility. If you really wanted to know for certain, you could have an DNA analysis done. I understand it's really not expensive :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.