Brain Tumors/ Seizures

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurleygirl

Boxer Booster
You absolutely did the right thing. My vets assistant once told me "I'd rather put one of my dogs down a day early than a day late." They let you know when it's time and you just have to go with it no matter how painful it is for us. Your friend is probably thanking you right now while running and playing at the bridge. I know we will see them again. Give yourself plenty of time to grieve. The grief will hit you at the strangest moments. I think boxers were bred to weave themselves into our very hearts and that takes a while to get over. I still thank God for my 8 years with Hurley--he was the best!

Luvmygirl

Boxer Booster
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You definitely did the right thing. You saw what your boy was going through clearly and made the decision he needed you to make. It was the right time for him, but it never would have been the right time for you. We always wish for one more day. You were there with him through it all, and he knew. Sending hugs and hoping peace finds you soon.

Snowdogg

Boxer Booster
I'm so sorry for your loss of Tyrone.

Yes, you absolutely did the right thing, it was the kindest thing to do, I am sure our fur babies understand it's time.

We do question ourselves afterwards, that's normal but know you did do the right thing for him, as others have said it's never the right time for us.

My Morrissey had a brain tumor and it was awful to watch him decline, it started with his front paws buckling under and we were told in the end he will not be able to walk or even get up, I spent hours on the internet trying to find a way to save him but there was no way, he was pretty much ok until he couldn't get up then of course we knew we had to let him go.

Tyrone will always be with you, sending lot's of hugs to you and your family.

Raleigh, 5 year old Brindle wild boy x

Morrissey and Brooster, Fawn males, 11 years old, always in our hearts, at the bridge xx

BoxrSmooch

Boxer Buddy
Someone to tell me I did the right thing for my boxer boy... Please...

Without question you did the right thing, erinakatrina.

I had the exact same feelings when I kissed my boy Ivan goodnight. He also had a brain tumor.

The guilt and grief will pass and there will come a day when your heart is only filled with the best memories of him and not the painful end. God gives them to us to love, and then He asks us to give them back. Bless you for giving him such love and doing the right thing. I feel your pain and wish you peace.

StrykerBoy

Boxer Pal
I'm so sorry for your loss and know first hand how difficult this has been for you. After our 15 year old Lab passed our 14 year old developed a brain tumor and began to have regular seizures, finally progressing to several per day. We made the painful decision to put him down due to his suffering and for months struggled with our decision.

Please take comfort in the fact you made the right decision to make his passing as painless and peaceful as possible, which would not of been the case with a fatal seizure.

May time heal your sorrow.

ekggraphics

Boxer Pal
Seizures

My 9-year old just started having seizures last month. I'm wondering if anyone knows of relating the cause to vaccines or heartworm medicine. They started about week after being given them and then she had to be given a booster shot to stop them. After being on the daily dose of prednisone and a month later she had another seizure today (about a week after being given the heartworm medicine). She had all the bloodwork done which came back all negative. Wish could do a CAT scan but don't want to do at her age, etc. May never know the cause, but even with the risk of heartworm etc. I don't plan on giving her anymore heartworm medication. Our vet clinic had three reports of heartworm and I hear the treatment is real harsh. Thank you. And my sincere condolences on the loss of boxer boy. I'm afraid I'll be going through the same in the near future and my heart goes out to you big time. No more suffering up in doggy heaven and I know they stay near.

ekggraphics

Boxer Pal
Heartworm Medicine/Seizures

One week after I gave my poor girl her heartworm medicine, she had two seizures in one day. The vet suggested I up her phenobarbital medicine but I didn't. She hasn't had any since but is having a hard time recovering from the seizures to where she was before. We'll see what happens in the future. I hate to not do it but I'm not giving her the heartworm pill. May be fine to take but perhaps she has some underlying condition affecting her when she takes the pill.

Status
Not open for further replies.