Boxers sure do love Boxers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesquite

Boxer Booster
We took Jake to the local pet store to get a new halter and there was a couple in there was a dachshund. Jake wanted to play and put his paw on the other dog's head. Little grouchy dachshund growled at him for that. It was kind of funny, but clearly illustrated that those two breeds don't play the same.

JWalkBoxers

Boxer Booster
We took Jake to the local pet store to get a new halter and there was a couple in there was a dachshund. Jake wanted to play and put his paw on the other dog's head. Little grouchy dachshund growled at him for that. It was kind of funny, but clearly illustrated that those two breeds don't play the same.

I know what you mean. When we were at Petco this weekend, there was a precious little Sheltie that was acting like he wanted to play with Ripley, but as soon as Ripley plopped his giant paw on his head he got mad and no longer wanted to play! My poor little guy can't figure out why no one likes it when he punches them in the face! The other Boxers were the only ones that understood! :D

CouturesMom

Boxer Pal
My girl is a rescue and still learning doggie manners. She didn't know how to play with toys when I first brought her home. After a few months (and hours spent on the floor with her showing her how to do it) she loves her chew toys. She is still figuiring out other dogs though. My friend has a Boxer and a Lab and she isn't as playful with them as I'd like to see but she tolerates them. Couture's best friend is my roommates Maltese and it is hilarious to watch them play tug-of-war. Couture lays there with the toy in her mouth while Dozer goes crazy trying to win it. One tug of my girl's head and the game is over!

We are still working on her socialization with other dogs and I hope one day she can play with every dog she meets and make new friends.

Kilby'sMum

Super Boxer
Makes me think of one particularly hot day at obedience school.... after training ALL the boxers in the various classes, I think there were about 7 of us, dragged their owners to this wading pool under a tree. It was quite a sight to see, these dogs who had just spent the last 45 mins allegedly learning how to behave just started coming from every direction and the poor owners (me included) were just dragged along behind!

At the pool, they were going absolutely beserk, boxing and jumping and pushing eachother over and the noises they were making..... We boxer parents just stood back laughing and watching our crazy babies as they splashed all the water out of the pool and made a nice mud pit to roll around in. Other dog owners (and some of the trainers) were less than impressed, one even asking why on earth we would let our dogs fight like that? Um, lady, that's just playtime :)

I still think it was one of the happiest times Kilby has ever had, they were all just so happy and yet, so sad when it was all over :)

Status
Not open for further replies.