1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer's Muzzle Color HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by ATOMIC_PIPER, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATOMIC_PIPER

ATOMIC_PIPER Guest

I was just wondering if anyone ever seen or heard of a boxer with a muzzle thats the same color(Fawn) as their body instead of the regular black mask? If you have do you know if it eventually filled in, or does it stay that color. Its not pink its Fawn thats why i was wondering. the puppy is 3 weeks old as of August 22nd, 2002. I appreciate the help.

2. JulieM

JulieM Boxer Insane

I would have to say this is not a purebred Boxer. Boxer puppies are born with a black mask. The only exception is when the white markings obscure the black.

3. Sabrina Jay

Sabrina Jay Boxer Insane

As Julie stated, they are born with black masks (except for the white markings on some that replace part of the black mask). If you are looking at puppies that have fawn or brindle where the black (or black/white) mask should be, then they can't be purebreds. (even if they have papers....there is always ways to get registration papers on dogs that aren't purebred).

4. kassa

kassa Boxer Insane

Sometimes older fawns have a lot of fawn poking through their black masks. It just looks like a lighter black until you look closely and realize that it's RED hairs among the black.

The standard does say "the essential black mask" so unless there's a ton of white hiding it, thre's something wrong. Is there black around the eyes?

5. ATOMIC_PIPER

ATOMIC_PIPER Guest

Yeah it does have black around the eyes, and it has a little TINY bit of black around the nose and some black directly below the nose but that is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.