1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxers in Downey, CA

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Marleysboys, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marleysboys

Marleysboys Boxer Booster

A friend of mine goes to the Downey Shelter in Downey, CA (near LA) to snap pics and video's of the animals that are there to get more exposure for them. She has informed me that there are 3 or 4 boxers (1 female, 2 males) at the shelter currently.

Here is one of them:
    Department of Animal Care & Control

And another:

The female:

Another male is 1 year old and very very skinny. :(

These guys don't belong in there!!
    If you or anyone you know want to adopt one of these babies, please call the shelter ASAP..The shelter IS a kill shelter and WILL put them down if nobody adopts them. I know that the LA Boxer rescue has an IP (interested persons) on the skinny boxer, however, they are waiting for the public to adopt first and if nobody adopts him, they will take him before they put him down.

If you need any more info, please don't hesitate to contact me!

2. BostonGeorge

BostonGeorge Super Boxer

awww that skinny boy through some rescues posts the other day. I hope they all get pulled soon. He looks so scared

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  3. Marleysboys

He does look really sad in all the pictures I've seen of him. It's really heartbreaking seeing them in there. :(

4. EAO76

EAO76 Boxer Insane

Our volunteers at BRLA watch the downey shelter. Unless the dogs are extremely human aggressive we usually pull. Right now our kennel is extremely full and we are waiting on (hopefully) some good weekend adoptions so we can make room to pull a few dogs out of kill shelters this weekend.

5. Marleysboys

Hoping some get adopted this weekend!! Thanks for all that you do for them at the shelter!

6. TinksDream

TinksDream Boxer Booster

I can't view the pics for some reason but I hope someone adopts them soon! Poor babies.
    Jaxon our new rescue almost wasn't going to be released to the boxer rescue I got him from b/c the humane society said he was "aggressive" b/c he barked when they walked past his crate and he "hard stares" at people which he does but it is more of a "I'm gonna figure out exactly what you are doing so I can do it too" kinda stare. If they don't get adopted out from the shelter hopefully a rescue will get them and then they will probably be snatched up right away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.