Boxers and leather sofas????

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelseighgirl

Completely Boxer Crazy
My husband and I are in the process of re-decorating our home and have decided to buy new furniture.
We have looked at so many different styles and fabrics that I am going crazy trying to find something that is going to be "boxer" ;) friendly. We have decided to go with leather.

Does anyone have any good or bad suggestions about leather with boxers??

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks guys!!

LilygirlCO

Boxer Insane
We have a leather sofa and it does fine! Just make sure you buy some conditioner and condition it a lot. :) Our only problem we are running into now is that Lily likes to hide her balls in the cusions and try and dig them out but the leather has held up faboulously.

We have leather and it is wonderful you can just wipe the slobber and hair off of it..they like it because it is cool..I like it because I can wipe it off:LOL:

Laura

kelseighgirl

Completely Boxer Crazy
Thanks guys!! I feel better now about the decision to go with leather. The salesman at the store showed us different style leathers and explained the pros and cons. Some leather showed scratch marks and some did not. I took my fingernails and ran it acrossed the leather that I had like the best to see how it would stand up to boxer toe nail. Much to my surprise you couldnt even see where I had scratched it and believe me I made sure I pressed real hard on it. Also the leather I picked has its own "personality" to it. Sort of what I would call a "weathered look" so I figured that with any boxer mishaps they should blend in with the natural look.
I did opt for the leather protection though. I figured for 100.00 it would be worth it. I also liked the fact that you could just wipe it clean incase of mud or "boxer boogies" ;)
I am planning on getting a doggie throw to put on the seat part just for extra piece of mind.

mias mommy

Boxer Buddy
Good choice

I have leather sofas and love them. My parents bought new furniture the same time and their Akita rubs her nose on the side of material and has put a hole in it! My leather was inexspensive and does show some scratch marks, other than that it has been great to clean and holds up well. I agree with Lilygirl the dogs try to hide thier balls in or under the sofa. I do not have any of that black stuff under the sofa, they have pulled it all off.

1FlashyFan

Boxer Insane
You will be so happy with your decision. We've had leather sofas for about 5 years. They've held up beautifully despite the best efforts of 3 young children and now a puppy to destroy them ;) I've had them professionally cleaned once, but other than that just spot clean and condition and they look wonderful. The best part is that they're so comfortable too. If they ever need replacing I'd definitely go with leather again.

kelseighgirl

Completely Boxer Crazy
I am so glad to hear that everyone is so happy with their sofas.
I am assuming that everyone that has posted here allows their dogs on the leather sofa, right?? That was a big factor for me. My 2 are on the sofa all the time and I wouldnt have it any other way.
I think my biggest worry is their toe nails on it :0

SuzAllen

Banned
Another Leather Fan

We went with leather over a year ago and could not be happier. I've found they really don't like to lay on it as much unless there is a blanket for them. It's so nice not to have to cover everything and just wipe it off. The scratches haven't been a problem either.

Maggie'sMom

Super Boxer
Maggie's allowed on the furniture, and the leather sofa is not her favorite. However she will jump on it occasionally to be with whoever is on it. I've never noticed any scratch marks or hair.
It's a good choice. It's always good to keep an old chair around that is just for them, if you have the room. They will go towards that if it is fabric.
I have a leather chair in my bedroom, that Maggie has never been on. Of course there are other soft choices in the room.

Ellen
& Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies.