Boxer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer Rescuer

Boxer Buddy
We don't have a boxer right now.But we're getting another in about another year,cause of our collie is so old and we decided we wanted another boxer instead of anything else :o) And plus boxers are so sweet and cute!!! :D And I can't wait to get her....but I don't want our collie to die though :( But when he dose we would be sad,be cheered up cause I'll be getting a new bunndle of joy! (a puppy boxer) Thanks,you can tell the collie's getting old,he use to have very thick fur,but now it's mostly gone.He's been with us for about 10 years....But how long dose a boxer usely live?

derbygurl18

Boxer Pal
generally boxers live 8 to 12 years. depending on feed and care and love. I have seen a boxer as old as 14, and she was still going strong.

Boxer Rescuer

Boxer Buddy
Cool:cool: But I don't know if a boxer is really good for us....We've been wanting one,but it was to be outside :( But we're always out thier playing with them,taking them walks,in summer our dogs have shade and water all the time and if they are in a cage they always gets walks :)And in winter they always have warmth.And I was wondering if a boxer is good with that?:confused: I mean we're mostly outside with them.

Boxer,
I've had two boxers that were mainly outside and they did fine.
If you can provide warmth in the winter i'm sure that a boxer will be a fine addition to your family.:)

Boxer Rescuer

Boxer Buddy
Oh thank you so much Sir :D I was so worried about it.Cause all of our pets are outsiders and they have lived long but I was so worried about the boxer we meant get thanks alot!

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Boxers are not outside dogs! They are people dogs, they want to be inside with their family. Boxers do not deal well with cold or heat. They need to be inside where the temperatures are more moderate and this applies to whether you are home or not. If you want a dog that you can leave outside most of the time, a boxer is not for you. Consider getting another breed of dog.

As i replied ive had two that were outside mainly but if i was home they were inside with me. the same with my new pup the only diference is tigger is kept in a 10x10x6 kennel during the day the other two ran free which was no problem where i live.
additionaly ive known other boxers that were outside always. the climate here is not that harsh most of the time.
where in tennesse are u located im near Bristol Tn/Va.

Chief's Pappy

Boxer Buddy
I live in TN. and our boy stays outside during the day when i'm at work and I don't think that's cruel or unfair to him. In fact I really believe that he would rather be outside where he has a fenced in yard and plenty of toys to play with. The weather here is pretty moderate year round anyway, and that also keeps him out of trouble inside the house. However when we are at home he stays with us constantly whether we're inside or outside he just loves to be around us.:D

Boxer Rescuer

Boxer Buddy
....Our two dogs right now love outside and won't put a foot inside...and since our collie's gettin' old we wanted to save up for a fenced in yard and to get him.And were we live also isn't too cold nor too hot:)

Status
Not open for further replies.