1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer with no home! - Texas

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Boxer Rescuer, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxer Rescuer

Boxer Rescuer Boxer Buddy

Boxer with no home!

I was looking around internet when I saw a adorable boxer with the most sweetest face! I can't believe that pretty thing has no home ,anyways it's at Humane Society of North Texas
    and the link is:
    http://www.hsnt.net/

2. WAT

WAT Boxer Insane

I feel so bad, what a handsome boy. Is there a Boxer Rescue around that can get him? Did you read the essay "How Could You?"on the front page? It brought tears to my eyes :( .

3. SouthernArt

SouthernArt Completely Boxer Crazy

Don't read it at work! I just did, and I couldn't help but cry. I don't understand people. I'm in the process of trying to adopt a little stray cat that showed up at my house. It's getting pricey having all of her blood tests and such to make sure she won't infect my other furbabies with anything. My co-workers don't understand why I would bother...Too bad for them. :(

4. AMANDACAUSTIN

AMANDACAUSTIN Boxer Booster

I want to brink Tyson home so bad. I live in Houston so that wouldn't be that bad of a drive to go get him. Now to convince the husband it is a good idea :confused:

5. MizBev

MizBev Boxer Insane

I read the essay "How could You" and cried....again. That poor baby, I wish I could bring him into my home to be with my other Tyson. I hope someone with a good heart and lots of love takes him (and all of the other 75 to 100 dogs that they have there)home.

Bev

6. belleboxer

belleboxer Boxer Booster

What ever happened with this dog? Anyone know?

7. AMANDACAUSTIN

Sharon

I attempted to contact the shelter to get some information on Tyson, but I never received a response from them. I haven't had much luck convincing my husband that it is time to adopt a friend for Odin, but I am still trying.

I emailed my info through the lonestar email address, regarding volunteering for the rescue. I am ready to help in anyway I can at any time. :) I also spoke with my husband about fostering for you guys, but we get so attached to our animals I don't know if we could do that. Hopefully one day soon we will be ready to bring another dog into the house and we can just adopt from you guys. Look forward to hearing from you in the future.

8. belleboxer

belleboxer Boxer Booster

I have your info...I would suggest a female if you do get another one....fostering would be great, think about it some more, that is what we really need...but we also need people who know how to do website stuff, check references, home visits, etc...what would you be interested in doing? Any special hobbies, skills that could hep us?

9. AMANDACAUSTIN

My husband and myself had a long conversation about fostering and I think we are willing to give it a try. My only concern now is our schedule. We both work all day, from 8-5, with no chance to come home on a lunch break. Odin is in his kennel this whole time, which I hate, but he is used to it. I don't know if this would be the ideal situation for a rescue that may not be house broken or crate trained.

Should I send in an application to become a foster home?

As far as helping out in any other ways, I am very capable of doing pretty much anything on a computer. I can't really think of any particular hobby I might have that could help you. I can say that I will try anything once.

10. belleboxer

belleboxer Boxer Booster

Yes, send an app just because you could foster a dog through heartworm treatment...they need to stay mellow anyway. As far as computer stuff, do you know how to do website stuff? Why don't you give me a call today sometime to the number on our website (i'm not sure if i'm allowed to put a phone number on here or email me directly to belleboxr@earthlink.net...thanx!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.