1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Types

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by tmcarson, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x19er

x19er Boxer Insane

We get told often too that our Dino is "too small" and looked at accusingly as if we've not been looking after him properly, when in fact he is within the breed standard for height and weight. I think people sometimes have a misconception that Boxers are very big dogs, although I have seen huge boxers here in the UK too which look very overdone. To me a Great Dane is a very big dog and a boxer is medium sized!

2. sasmeow

sasmeow Boxer Insane

I agree, Boxers are medium sized dogs to me. I wish the general public was better informed. I don't like when people let their boxers get overweight... it doesn't look good and it's not good for them. People use to ask me if Izzy was a minature Boxer.... I was like, what in the world is a minature boxer, there is no such thing!!! I just try to say it as nice as possible and tell them that Izzy is a "normal" sized Boxer.

We were at the dog park once and saw a 100 pound Boxer. The owner tried to tell me that my Izzy was too small. I was thinking to myself, no your dog is WAY too overweight. He was only a little taller than Izzy, but weighed almost double here. Poor guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.