Boxer stolen in Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarenD

Boxer Booster
I am soooooooooo happy to report that Maxxie is back home! fiestaicon She was found on Saturday morning about 2 miles from our house. A woman saw her while walking her dog, lured her into her house with a bowl of food, and got our phone number from Maxxie's tag. She put Maxxie on the speaker phone and she started yapping/crying when she heard her Daddy's voice. He KNEW right away that it was her!!! I am soooo thankful for this woman and will be for the rest of my life. She didn't even accept the reward.

Maxxie is fine. She is exhausted, has lost a lot of weight, and her poor little paws hurt her a lot; but we had the vet check her out and she is fine.

It was a very tough 3 days though and I am emotionally exhausted. For 3 days, I searched the neighborhood by foot, on my bike, and in my car, I put up about 200 flyers, distributed them to Fedex, UPS, and postal drivers, policemen, and called all shelters, animal emergency clinics... I am so thankful to have gotten so much help from my friends and family. Over 3 days and with that many flyers, I got a total of 4 phone calls: 3 had seen her at different spots, called her, but she was scared and didn't let them catch her - 1 woman called me to let me know that she had seen her in the middle of a busy street, honked at her and kept on driving :confused: Each time I was happy to find out that she was still alive and seemed well, but each night and each day without her at home was sooooo hard.

We still don't know what happened, how she got out, but we are not going to take any chances: Maxxie and Rocky are now going to stay in our den when we are not home. We will close the doggy door and they will only be able to go to the yard when we are home. Anyway, Maxxie seems scared to go to the yard.

Thank you all of you for your thoughts, hugs and help. I truly and sincerely appreciate it.

Last edited:

kjames7148

Super Boxer
Congratulations!!! Give her a huge hug from Bonnie, Clyde and I.

We are so happy for you, what a relief!!

KAren

Bonnie, 1/5/02, brindle girl w/black mask.
Clyde, 12/25/02 Fawn boy w/black mask.

EKCarmona

Boxer Pal
I am from Houston also. People can be cruel like that. We found a pit bull pup one time and the only reason the owner found us was by going door to door. That's what I would do if I lost either one of my babies. I would go to every door in the neiborhood and put the word out. Don't give up. Check the pound too and the SPCA. There is one on Almeda and one off the Katy Frwy. Good luck and I hope you find your baby.

EkCarmona - Houston, TX

Rox : 1 1/2 male fawnfoolicon
Nellie : 7 months female brindle evilicon
Tigger : 1 1/2 male tabby catwackicon

KarenD

Boxer Booster
Thanks but I did find her this Saturday thanks to an amazing woman who went out of her way to rescue Maxxie. I am soooooo grateful!!!

Maxxie had been seen at different locations during her 3 day adventure but apparently she stayed pretty close to the Bayou. She was found on the TC Jester Bayou and 34th, about 2 miles from my house. But the previous day, she was seen on 11th and Sheperd.

Karen

EKCarmona

Boxer Pal
Glad to hear your family is back to completion. I would die without my babies. Those dogs are very smart so I wouldn't be surprised if she firgured it out herself how to get out. When I was afraid some one would steal mine I left them in the kennel. How have they been in the house by themselves? Mine wouldn't last they are very destructive! My Rox is huge now so I don't worry abour anyone taking either one of them. Hope this never happens again. Take Care.

Knye2001

Completely Boxer Crazy
I'm so glad you're story has a happy ending!!!! What a great person to find Maxxie! I'm glad she was smart enough to coax her in with food instead of trying to chase her (scaring her more).

Status
Not open for further replies.