1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Size

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by ceedeedub, Nov 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceedeedub

ceedeedub Boxer Pal

Roy is now 5 months, 50 pounds, 21 inches tall. At what age will a boxer reach full mature height? He appears not to be growing upward anymore.

On another note, what is the maximum amount of exercise for boxers. We walk if not every day, every other day, a minimum of two miles up to 5 miles in one stretch. He shows no exhaustion, dehydration, abnomal bowel movements or stress.

2. trice

trice Boxer Buddy

Wow!! You guys do a lot of excersize. I posted the same question to another list. I always feel my boy is not getting enough. In fact I obsess about it. On weekends he gets so much. On weekdays I work 8 hours and when I get home, we train, and then I let him stretch and run in an open field off lead! I am a little crazy though, on work days I do not leave him alone for the rest of the night, because I felt guilty he was home 8 hours. It can become disturbing. You have to kind of remember that I give him his own bed, lots of treats, the best food, toys, play etc. My boy whines and always wants to be doing, but I have learned to say I can not be his entertaiment 24/7!

3. Renee&Jake

Renee&Jake Super Boxer

Jakob was about 70 pounds at 6 months, 24 inches at the withers. He topped out at 80, stayed 24 inches, but didn't finish filling out untill around 2.5 years.

My sister has his half-brother Kodee. He was 50 lbs at 6 months, 21 inches at the withers. By the time he reached a year, he was 75 lbs and 24 inches. He's not 2 yet, and still filling out.

With such a nice amount of excercise that Roy gets, I'm sure he will gain more weight. He may/may not get taller, too soon to tell, but 21 inches is not bad- its really in the proportion, and looking balanced.

4. Rowdy's Dad

Rowdy's Dad Guest

Rowdy is 70 lbs at 11 months. He almost looks too skinny. We run quite a bit. He will fill out. His definition is excellent. He doesn't need the exercise as much as I do.

5. kuanomar

kuanomar Boxer Pal

Bruce is 9 months old and is about 24 inches at the whithers and about 55 pounds. The vet says that he is at a healthy weight and size for his breed and age. However, the other owners (at this site) report their boxers to be alot more at a younger age. Shoud I be concerned?

*This is my first time posting. Please notify me if I am breaking any rules.

6. Rowdy's Dad

Rowdy's Dad Guest

Bruce isn't very far behind Rowdy. At 9 months, Rowdy was at about 60 lbs. I haven't measured his height, but it looks about normal to me. Rowdy hit a growth spurt in the last two months.

7. Wendy Swalls

Wendy Swalls Super Boxer

Now I feel like Mickey is really small! I weighed him at PetsMart on Sunday and he's 32 lbs at 5 months! He is a bit on the slim side, but has a very shiny coat and is full of energy. Should I worry?

8. JulieM

JulieM Boxer Insane

No, don't worry! 60-75 lbs is the correct *adult* weight for a Boxer that is within the Standard....some grow faster, some grow slower, and some get very big - but as long as they are healthy, active, eating and eliminating OK, they are OK. If he was 5 *years* old and only 32 lbs there might be cause for concern, but not at 5 months old :)

9. Wendy Swalls

Wendy Swalls Super Boxer

Thanks, Julie. I sometimes wonder if Mickey will get big, but I know that his size won't change how we feel about him. He's so beautiful that I don't care if he doesn't get any bigger, but I know that if he doesn't then there must be something wrong. I just love my little Mickey!

10. Amy Rae

Amy Rae Boxer Pal

We have a male who is 14 weeks old and weighs 16 lbs. When I took him to the vet last Saturday the vet guestimated that Corona will be 85-95 lbs once fully grown.
    I am relieved to hear the wide range of sizes.
    The female we had weighed 50 lbs at a year old before being killed, so 85-95 seems HUGE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.