1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer registration

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Tasha, Mar 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tasha

Tasha Boxer Pal

The A K C "gazette" published the Dog & Litter reg. stats. for the yrs.,2000 & 2001. The number of Boxer litter's reg.,2000 - 965, 2001 - 928 ,dogs reg.; 2000 - 2,592 , 2001 - 2,324 . I hope the stats. continue to go down, I can't help but feel there's alot of irresponsible breeding going on . I fear that Boxer's will go the way of Retrievers if we aren't carefull !

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Boxer Insane

I know what you mean! There are so many breeders that CARE and the others that are just into for the money! so sad.

3. JulieM

JulieM Boxer Insane

The numbers are going down but the Boxer is still rising in popularity, from #10 in 1999 to #8 in 2001. So yes, there is a lot of irresponsible breeding going on (and remember, these are just the numbers registered with the AKC - there are many, many, many irresponsible breeders who don't register their dogs/litters). That is why those of us involved in breeding and rescue sometimes get extra-defensive when we think someone does not have the best interests of the breed at heart!

4. Tasha

Tasha Boxer Pal

Boxer Reg. Numbers

JulieM, thanks for you response. I know ther are alot of "good" breeders out there. But my hart breaks for the puppies that are sick or end up in rescue. Boxers are different than Retrivers. They don't switch loyality very easy. I truly think they greive ! There were more Boxers reg. than Cockers !! I'm new at Boxer World but I'm thrilled that it exists, and hope to get involved in a positive way . I groom dogs and I've seen what happens when a breed gets popular and bred irresponsibiy It's very sad.

Thanks Agin

Tasha

5. MandyMom

MandyMom Completely Boxer Crazy

And there are some of us that have never sent the paper work
    in!smashicon Cooper just turned a year old and I still have his AKC papers that I have not sent in!
    Are these numbers what is counted, or when the breeder sends off for the first papers?

6. JulieM

JulieM Boxer Insane

When the breeder sends in to get the applications for you to fill out, that's the litter registration. The individual dog registration is the part you fill out. Dog registrations are not counted until they are sent in (so, a litter of 7 puppies with 5 sets of paperwork sent in would count as 1 litter and 5 dogs).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.