Boxer Pups in the DFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oanhis

Boxer Buddy
Is there any boxer pups in the dallas Fort-worth area? My girl is turning 9 weeks tomorrow and is getting her second set of shots the day after. :D We can't take her to the dog park yet but would like to know if other furrparents would like to have puppy dates in a safe environment? She loves to play and is a bit more rough than my friends small dogs so she can't play as she would be able to. I'm freaked out about letting her meet dogs/pups at the pet store but we let her ride around in the carts to see people though :) She's super duper curious and loves kisses! We're putting her in a puppy class Sept. 26 but until then would like to socialize her as much as possible especially in this puppy stage.
Let me know! I'll bring her vet health record and we can swap stories/advice while the pups wear each other out!! hahaha!

Hillntx

Boxer Pal
Wish we could, but my boy is just way too old at this point especially for your little girl. One thing I've learned over the years is that Boxers don't play like other dogs. When Kato was a pup we were living in W. Va. and had several boxers in our area and would meet at the local park. If the dogs were bigger than Kato they would spend the entire time wrestling and smashing into each other. If they were smaller than Kato they would spend their time chasing each other in big laps around the park. By the time we arrived home after a play session, Kato would just lay on the floor with his tongue hanging out from exhaustion.

I took him to the dog park in Plano shortly after it opened. He found the biggest dog in the park and promptly raised up and wacked it in the head with one of his front paws. I've never seen him run so fast as when that Great Dane started chasing him. Kato's eyes were as big as the old silver dollars, his ears were flat against his head and he was running for all he was worth with his jowls flapping in the wind.

Enjoy your new puppy, they grow up fast.

Oanhis

Boxer Buddy
Puppy

:) Yes! My little girl plays entirely with her paws and it's hard to get her to hold back with my friend's smaller breed dog! She's just a pup and I want her to be able to play to her hearts content with another dog with the same energy and playing habits.

She's getting her last set of vaccs this week and we'll wait a about a week before we take her to the dog parks to expand her horizon :) I can't believe she's already almost at 12 weeks!

Ha! When we carry her around at the Petstores, she'll eyeball all of the big dogs and whine for play :) hopefully she'll play nice when it comes time to let her. She's entirely too curious when it comes to things..........ugh! she'll track down these HUGE roaches that I didn't know existed in my backyard and torture them :d

Fingers crossed for introduction to other dogs to go well :) She's great with people so hopefully it's going to be the same.

Hillntx

Boxer Pal
Kato's best friend as a young pup was the neighbor's Jack Russell terrier. Although we never actually had them together, they would spend a lot of their time on either side of the chain link fence running back and forth next to each other. They were both the same size for a while.

Kato was also a very curious dog. When we took him to a local baseball game as a puppy some children started calling him "Sniff,Sniff" since he had the need to check everything.

Last edited:

Oanhis

Boxer Buddy
Puppy

Our girl is just as curious. She's gotten into a habit of chewing on mulch so we might have to end up pulling all that from the flower beds if she doesn't stop.
I read that most dogs dislike citrus so we sprayed lemon juice/oil on it but apparently she LOVES the smell & taste of lemons. go figure hahaah

MyBoyMiles

Boxer Pal
It looks like your little girl is about a month younger than my little boy Miles. We live in Dallas and would love to find other boxers to play with :) Miles loves to play with any kind of dog but they just don't play the same way. Let me know if you would be interested in getting them together. I know Miles would love it :)

Oanhis

Boxer Buddy
Hi Dana,

Yes, that would be wonderful! If you would like to email me at xxxxxxxxxxxx we could figure out a place and time :)

Let me know!

Moderator note: you need to read the rules well. You agreed to follow them when you registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.