1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boxer puppy's nose

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by bucklwi1, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bucklwi1

bucklwi1 Boxer Pal

hello everyone...just wanted some insight into something involving my puppy. Haven't got her yet, but she is a flashy fawn and right now her nose is about half black and the other half is pink speckled with black. When she was younger her nose was completely pink and it seems as if the black is starting to fill in. do you think her nose will eventually be all black or will it stay pink? Just wondering. Her mother and father both have all black noses.

thanks for the help

2. Az Boxr Lovr

Az Boxr Lovr Boxer Insane

Good question. I always wondered about that myself. I don't have the answer, but I bet there are lots of people here that do.
    Cheryl:D

3. AMANDACAUSTIN

AMANDACAUSTIN Boxer Booster

I don't know about noses, but when I got Odin he had a big pink patch on his chin that looked like a pink beard. It was about the size of a quarter. Now he is almost three and the only thing left is a tiny little pink dot that looks like a pink freckle. So if noses will do the same thing as chins, the pup might end up with a pretty much all black nose.:)

4. Tucker's_mom

Tucker's_mom Super Boxer

Eventually, over time, that little pink nose will turn black. I think Kaia's little speckled nose was solid black by the time she was 5 or 6 months old. She has A LOT of white on her though so yours might fill in faster than hers did.

5. brandimonkey

brandimonkey Boxer Booster

sadly, but yes

the noses do fill in completely black, i was dissappointed to find this out, as i thought a pink and black speckled nose was adorable. patrick has one spot and one dot of pink left on his nose. if you look at my picture gallery you will see the nose getting blacker as he gets older.

6. basak

basak Boxer Insane

krose is a year old now and his pink spot on his nose is still pink.. I don't know if you can see them on the pictures , Ithink it looks white more than pink.. but it's still there.. and I don't want it to go away:(

basak
    love of krose

7. PSUHeather

PSUHeather Boxer Booster

Trace's nose had little black on it when I first got her, but now the only remaining pink is inside the one nostril. Her little pink nose with spots was adorable. Also, her big spot on her eyelid was so small at first, I though it was a speck of dirt!

8. Dempsey J's mom

Dempsey J's mom Boxer Pal

The pink will become black, but as many have noted, perhaps not all of it. Dempsey J.'s nose was very pink, and there was a stubborn stripe on the right side that didn't turn black until after he was a year old. He still has pink inside his nostrils and on the skin just next to his nose. I too think it is pretty handsome. On my website I have pics of him as a pup you can see--the one of him at four weeks old shows how pink he was.

9. Roxanna

Roxanna Boxer Insane

At 13 weeks old Elmo's once pink/black nose has turned completely black. The only remnant of pink is his nostrils and when we take pics of him his pink nostrils show. It looks soooo funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.