1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Puppy's Ears

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by NewmanBoxer, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewmanBoxer

NewmanBoxer Boxer Pal

Hi everyone!!

We have a new adorable baby named Franklin! We got him at 7 weeks, and he just turned 9 weeks on Saturday. His ears were normal and the same size, but recently we've noticed one ear is nicely flopped and the other one is sitting up and back a little and not flopping forward. Since our last baby, Jack, passed away of cancer I have found myself being paranoid about things I never even would have noticed before. Not saying I think it is anything severe, but is this something that will fix as he grows? Could he have two different sized ears? If anyone has experienced this, let me know! Thanks so much!!

2. whiskers

whiskers Boxer Insane

Puppy ears go through all sorts of stages and do all sorts of weird things. :) My bichon mix went through stages were both her ears stood up, one was up and one was down.... as an adult they finally decided that they were both going to remain floppy.

Here is a photo from when Juno was 8 months old. Yes, her ears were naturally held that way. They ended up turning normal too LOL.

DSCN0071 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

So yeah nothing to worry about, just a puppy thing!

3. NewmanBoxer

NewmanBoxer Boxer Pal

oh my gosh! that picture of Juno is the cutest thing ever!!! hahaha!! thanks for the info!

4. Stub

Stub Completely Boxer Crazy

When Gus was a puppy one ear looked like 'the flying nun' and one looked like a lab's ear all floppy. Since he's a mix I always said he had one boxer ear and one lab ear. Haha! They both lay normally now, except sometimes when he is excited the flying nun ear will come back on the one side. It was cute, but not nearly as cute as Juno was!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stubt/5053486189/in/set-72157624838718399/

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  5. DebbieJen

DebbieJen Completely Boxer Crazy

Layla's ears do that too. I had always thought it was the Boxer/German Shepard mix in her.

Juno is so adorable. That picture is exactly what I needed to see today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.