1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Picnic B.C.

Discussion in 'Boxer Bash & Events' started by HELENE, Mar 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. totallyhip

totallyhip Boxer Insane

Sounds good to us :)

2. diego's heart

diego's heart Boxer Insane

Oct 3rd is preferred by me, but didn't want to say anything since I'm not a local, just an honorary citizen ;)!

appicon! Yea appicon!

3. HELENE

HELENE Boxer Insane

O.K. now we just have to work out where to meet.
    We took Isabelle to McDonalds Park last night, it is not far from us, in between Abbotsford & Chilliwack, just off the freeway on a dead end road, with picnic tables and a covered table area. We met GillianF & Graham there with Ttakas & Bronte, we all had a good time, there was a party being held there when we arrived. It is a long narrow area with the Sumas River running along side, it was running fast and was really high; we didn't let the dogs get too close.
    Let's have a few more suggestions for meeting places.
    I took a photo of the group but at the moment I am having a senior moment and can't post it!!! smashicon It's OK, I will work it out later.

4. GillianF

GillianF Boxer Booster

Graham and I found the ideal location for a Fall Boxer get-together! A couple of weekends ago we took a drive out to Redwood Park in Surrey. It is located on 20th Avenue just east of 176th. It is just beautiful - lots of space and apparently not alot of people! The story of the Park goes - in 1893 one David Brown left his 21-year old twins 40 acres each. The land had been logged so they began replanting. They planted redwood seedlings from California and collected seeds from several parts of North America, plus Europe, Africa and South America - 32 exotic species in total.

There were quite a few people walking dogs - both on and off leash - a couple of lovely big meadows and lots of space. Howzaboutit? ? ? ? Early October should be beautiful in the Park, especially as the forecast is for a warm dry Fall.

5. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

It sounds good to me. :)

6. totallyhip

totallyhip Boxer Insane

Sounds lovely. We are raring to go! Someone mentioned Oct. 3rd so I have already booked it off for work. My bf's mom & brother plus their boxers are interested too. I have also mentioned it to some other people I met on Dogster who have Boxers in the area and they are up for it too! I can't wait:)

7. diego's heart

diego's heart Boxer Insane

Oh yes, yes please AND Oct 3rd as I marked that weekend already! Sounds absolutely gorgeous - can't wait!!!!

~ Lisa & Diego

8. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

Oct 3rd is good for me too!

9. Charlie-girl

Charlie-girl Boxer Buddy

We can make it, as well as 2 other couples that are friends that also have Boxers.

Rich, Amber, James, and Charlie-Girl

10. HELENE

HELENE Boxer Insane

We are going to the Redwood Park in Surrey on Sunday 5th. Sept to see what it is like, we are taking Ttakas, Bronte & Isabelle to see how they like it.
    It is no good going there if it doesn't suit them is it? I'm sure they will let us know soon enough! I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is sunny again by then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.