1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer needs a good home

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by rockyluv, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockyluv

rockyluv Boxer Pal

Hi,
    I have a boxer male (he is brindle) he is small for the breed but he was a pet someone had brought in,he had been hit by a car,when we took an xray (I'm a vet tech) we noticed he had also been shot,so this boy had been through alot! Well the owners decided to just euthanize.(He was under a 1 year old.)I stepped up and asked them if they would sign him over to me and I would get the treament he needed.So we went through a couple of different surgries.The first surgery was very tricky we tried pinning his leg,but we weren't to sure since his leg had already been broken for 3 days what results we would have but surgery went well and later he got the pins out well when we thought he was out of the clear he was coming up our porch steps coming into the house when he twisted his leg wrong and it just broke in the same spot,so after some hard decision we had to amputate his leg.Oh,he came out of surgery feeling great and now he doesn't even know that he was ever suppose to have 4 legs he gets along and plays and bounces around and does his little jelly bean dance!!Then he came down with demodex mange but he was also treated for that and haven't had a problem since.I am looking for a home for him,he is housebroke and crate trained,I have just been fostering him untill I could find him a good home as I have 3 boxers myself not counting him.He has not been neutered yet because of all he has had go on with him BUT he WILL be before he leaves my house to go to his new home.

2. devilfan

devilfan Boxer Booster

Hero

You are that boys hero. I wish I did not have three in my small house already I would have serious conversation with the wife.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.