1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer...meet new kitten???

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by iluvmaxie, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iluvmaxie

iluvmaxie Boxer Pal

Hello,

My boxer Maxie, is 5 years old now. I decided to get a kitten and broght him hom this past thursday. Maxie is pretty gentle with little dogs, so i was hoping with the new kitten, they could be friends. So far, they seem to like each other. The kitten is playful and doesnt mind the big boxer licks. The problem im having is that Maxie is sooooo jealous!!! I anticipated this in advance being that she has been the princess for the past 5 years now. Maxie has roam of the house, beds, couches, etc.....Me and maxie snuggle on the couch every night, then she sleeps with me in my bed. The new kitten also wants to do the same thing, and Maxie becomes very anxious. I know that its mostly jealousy. Im hoping she will get use to the kitten in time and hopefully it wont phase her when im petting the kitten and not her. Has anyone had an experiene of introducing a second pet after already having an only boxer for a few years? Do boxers get over it in time?

2. murried2

murried2 Boxer Buddy

I've not had my boxer (mix) but for a few months, however when I brought home 3 kittens she absolutely loved them. She was quite jealous when I'd pay attention to the kittens but she got over that within a month. There's nothing cuter than dog/cat cuddles is there??

3. stormy'smom

stormy'smom Boxer Pal

Stormy is almost 3 and we got a kitten about 3 months ago. While Stormy loves the kitty and plays great with her, she is still a little jealous of her. She doesn't become anxious but she will nudge her way into the petting. It's pretty cute actually. As long as both hands are free I dont have a problem. Just make sure to give Maxie a little extra special attention for awhile and always when she wants it. She should be just fine.

4. Murphy'sMom

Murphy'sMom Boxer Pal

Boxer and Ferrets

I have an almost three year old male boxer and he absolutely loves my two ferrets. He loves to follow them around the house and hold them down and lick them. But in the beginning he didn't like it when they came over to sit in my lap. Now he is use to it. We are one big happy family sitting on the couch at night. Two dogs, two ferrets and one person. LOL, I bet we look pretty silly.

Sarah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.