1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Jowls= Sticky Swiffer!

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by paysmom, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paysmom

paysmom Boxer Insane

How many of you are forever pulling a pull a piece of hair, string, leaves, toy fur, crusted whatever off of your babies jowls?!??!? It seems I do this everyday with Payton, I swear he's like a sticky swiffer!!!! (who needs to buy one of those when we've got one built into our furkids!!! foolicon)

I've never had to do this with any other dogs I've had... :rolleyes:
    Must be a Boxer thing!

2. Louise501

Louise501 Boxer Insane

I know! I am always picking bits of fluff, paper and this morning a cotton bud off of my two's chops :LOL:

3. leslieann

leslieann Boxer Booster

All the time. I even bring paper napkins with me on our walks to keep Edie's face clean.

4. mguiette

mguiette Boxer Insane

all the time here too! i'm constantly pulling grass, ROSE PETALS, dirt, slobber, etc. out of their mouths/lips! sometimes we don't realize it until we're slimed! ewww.... it's funny, though, when they get treats or food stuck up in their jowls, i always laugh and say they're saving it as a snack for later! :LOL:

5. BroD

BroD Boxer Booster

This is so funny-- I was just going to write a post on this myself! I'm always pulling twigs, leaves, bugs, etc. out of Brody's jowels, but today he had what can only be described as a small branch hanging from his lips. I swear, it was about a foot long, and he just walked around the yard with it dangling from his chops, completely oblivious! I rushed to get videotape of it but the batteries were dead in the camera.
    There was also a time when I had to pull the MUTANT ANT FROM HELL out of his lips; this thing was a GIANT (ever see the movie "Them"?), and who knows how long it crawled around in there before it actually died. And then there's the earthworms that he loves so much . . .
    I'd have to say the biggest mess, though, was the bag of Mardi Gras confetti he got into. It took me the rest of the day to scoop all of that out his mouth.

6. Widges

Widges Completely Boxer Crazy

All the time with Billy. At the moment he has cream to put on his jowls as they we very sore & bleeding. I can only assume they he hurt them on his weekly soup bone. Just when we think they are all better we notice blobs of blood around the house!!! He covered my friends Golden Retriever with blood when the were wrestling the other day. Woops!!

7. catcrazy56

catcrazy56 Boxer Insane

MIne too I buy pet wipes for them

8. Chiefsmom

Chiefsmom Boxer Insane

Yes!! All the time :rolleyes: Chief is forever having yellow tennis ball fuzz around his jowels! It's quite lovely against the black mask! :LOL:

9. Haylydon

Haylydon Super Boxer

As a matter of fact just today alone I have pulled the following out of Splash's jowls and mouth:

1. Gum wrapper
    2. Tin foil
    3. Pine needles
    4. Bark from a branch he insisted on dragging around the neighborhood
    5. Paper towel
    6. Dust from under the bed (where he was looking for the cat)

and I am sure there will be more!! :)

10. electric1

electric1 Super Boxer

I know what all of you are talking about. With ABBY, it's always something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.