Boxer found Bloomfield NJ - Male fawn- black face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Des11

Boxer Booster
Woke up to my doorbell ringing at 8am becuase my neighbors THOUGHT they were chasing Chance (my male black faced brindle). Chance was home with me so I told the neighbors it was not Chance and thanked them and looked at Chance and smiled because my WHOLE neighborhood just loves him. Than 10 am my belll rings again, this time it is my neighborhood kids and they are also telling me "chance is loose". I tell them it is not Chance but NOW I have my senses and now equally interested in this dog.
Let me say also that Saturday here was 95 degrees. Lo and behold, I look up and there is this BEAUTIFUL fawn male running laps around my block. Non stop. The kids are trying to stop him, I go out and try to stop him. It is SOOOO Hot. Now I am almost in tears and kicking myself for not fully getting up at 8 am when I first heard he was out here. I called every shelter type and police stations within 5 miles. Either no answer or answering machines. This dog kept running around the block, he would slow down some times and want to stop but he would not let me get closer than 7ft. He is tired now, been tired, but fear and probably dehyrdation is not letting him rest and just check me out. So, I let Chance out thinking Chance could get him to play. He REALLY ran when we saw Chance. So, I put a water and food bowl out on the sidewalk hoping he would stop for that at least. He did, but not long enough to put a collar on him and leash him. By 3pm or so, this dog just can't fight it. He lets one of the neighborhood kids put the collar and leash on him and they brought him back to my house where he ate and drank some more. The police told me that morning they will only come and get him if he is restrained. I told them that it is too hot and this dog will die first. Oh well basically is the response that I got. So we caught him and fell in love with him. He is someones dog. He is neutored and besides looking a bit hungry he is a family dog. The kids all hung on him and he did not mind at all. He let them walk him after he got some rest. No pulling, very nice dog. Animal patrol came and got him and will only give him 7 days. Than they will try a boxer shelter. I told her that I will call before the 7 days to check on him. I am single with 2 kids and 1 boxer already, I wish that I could have kept him. I would have if I could. I may foster him if there is a fanmily that is interested.

She said his family may have dumped him for summer vacation. I really would hope not. How can a family know a boxer, raise one and than dump it. Does not even sound rational.

Net45582

Banned
Unfortunately,dumping a pet because they have become inconvenient to care for or no longer fits in with the family lifestyle is quite common. :(
Thanx for helping this guy out!

EAO76

Boxer Insane
Have you followed up on this poor guy yet? Hopefully his mommy or daddy came looking for him…

Des11

Boxer Booster
Hi

As of Friday he was still there and no one claimed him. Can you belive. They told me that I cannot foster, only adopt, because fostering would mean he would not be there on display for potential families. My main concern was that they would put him down but they aren't. At least not yet :-((

I would think this family could not even sleep without this dog. Maybe they did do it on purpose. I just do not want to beleive that.

EAO76

Boxer Insane
If its a kill shelter then you should call your local boxer rescue and let them know he's there.

You should go adopt him...maybe it was fate that brought him to you...

Des11

Boxer Booster
Good News

I just got off the phone with the shelter and a nice family came in and adopted him over the weekend.

I asked again, me and my naive self about the possibility of him being dumped and she said she is almost sure of it. She said she see's it all the time.

EAO76

Boxer Insane
This breaks my heart but hopefully his new family will give him the life he deserves. I found a beagle in my neighborhood that apparently had also been dumped. After I caught him and started asking around I found out the poor old guy had been walking up & down our street for 12 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.