1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Coats

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by johnliza_636, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnliza_636

johnliza_636 Boxer Pal

Hello! I have a question. is it normal for boxer pups to have a few longer hairs? does their coat change a bit after they get older?
    Just wondering because we saw some longer hairs mixed in with our puppy and his coat kind of felt like fur, i mean soft and not real straight haired. It is kind of hard to describe this but it is not like the hair of our other boxer had. This one still feels kind of fuzzy! This one is only 7 wks old.
    thanks!

2. JulieM

JulieM Boxer Insane

Puppy coats are generally longer and softer (fuzzier). They generally are outgrown by the time they're done teething, but every dog is different. :)

3. johnliza_636

johnliza_636 Boxer Pal

THanks Julie! I was a bit worried for a sec there. Since I was tricked by our other puppie's breeder, I was not sure what a true 7 week old puppy's coat felt like. We think that the puppy which we thought was 6 weeks, even though he weighed 12 lbs, was actually older. Especially since his teeth were bigger than our new puppy's!
    Thanks again!:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.