1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxer Coat Color

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by MissMariya, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissMariya

MissMariya Boxer Pal

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I recently purchased a registered Flashy Fawn Female, she is very light colored right now almost a sand color. She has little black hairs mixed in with them across her back and particularly dark on her ears. She has a partial black mask with white around her mouth and up her face kind of shaped like a bell. Anyway the Question is, Will she darken up or redden up as she ages and will those black hairs go away. I remember when we bought our black mask fawn male he was light colored and now hes more of a deep red. Just curious to see if it is common for fawns to darken and change colors as they age??

2. samsons

samsons Boxer Insane

click "search " and u can just typ in ur user name ~ & see everything u posted !

or search "key word" to look up a topic !

and we did post on ur thread ! lol .. Flashy Brindle ! congrats ! :) :)

3. Caney Creek

Caney Creek Boxer Insane

I am not 100% sure but I think what you're describing -- the dark/black hairs mixed in along her back -- is something that I've seen only in very young puppies. In that case the dark hairs will probably lighten as she gets older.

4. BendyBoxers

BendyBoxers Boxer Booster

Yeah, I think the reverse is true.. that they will lighten up as they get older, not get darker. That being said, they are all unique, and grow up and fill out differently. Who knows?
    That does sound like a 'puppy coat', but fawns can also have the random stray 'black' hairs in their coats as adults (you have to really, really examine their coats to see them though). The blackish hairs on the ears is pretty normal for fawn boxers. Mine both have them..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.