1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boxer chest

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by jcam, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcam

jcam Boxer Pal

When do boxers chests start to drop/widen?

2. jcam

jcam Boxer Pal

...so i guess no one has any experience with this?

3. johann

johann Boxer Insane

Johann's chest widened around age 2.

4. larrygs

larrygs Super Boxer

It may be that it rarely happens. Of all the boxers we have had, and our parents had, only Maxine seemed to grow that way. Somewhere around 2 years old her chest seemed to get wider and bigger. Of course if bones stop growing at 18 mo this doesn't make sense. All I can figure is she had a big frame and developed more muscles about then, especially since she kept gaining wieght until about 3. She was a strikingly big girl with 78 lbs of muscle.

Jack is a big boned boy with a big chest but has grown proportionally that way from a pup, rather than a shift as you suggest.

5. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

It may also depend on when they get neutered. Too many dogs get neutered too early and then in doesn't happen so much.

6. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I don't know if you are talking about just filling out. All my dogs reached the height they were going to be by the age of 18-24 months. Then around 2 1/2-3 yrs they seemed to fill out muscularly.

7. sargboxerluv

sargboxerluv Completely Boxer Crazy

I'm not certain of age for Harley because I got her from a pound. But she did have a noticable chest widening around 2.5 - 3 years. She put on about 5 lbs of muscle over those months. SHe had always been skinny until then.

Titan is 15 months now and is still thin. He is no where near as skinny as Harley had been, which I figure is because he is male. But I expect him to fill out next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.