Boomer's brother passed away last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer'sPapa

Super Boxer
I'm here at the office, catching up on some work, and thought I'd write a short note to say that Jacques (Boomer's rabbit brother) passed away yesterday evening. I came home, and Boomer didn't greet me at the door as he usually does. I walked into the bedroom to see Boomer laying next to Jacques' cage, and noticed that Jacques was not well. When I put my hand inside the cage to stroke his head, he nuzzled up to my hand and passed on.

While Jacques has passed away, I am ever so thankful I have Boomer right now. He knows something is wrong, and has been searching for Jacques the entire morning.

Jacques was a present from my wife in August 1999. When Boomer found us in August 2001, Boomer wasn't too sure about Jacques. However, over the last 4 1/2 years, Boomer and Jacques had become friends.

I can't believe I'm this emotional right now...I've cried so much in the last 22 hours that I'm surprised I have tears left.

Boomer and I delivered Jacques to a crematory this morning. I'll pick up his remains on Tuesday afternoon.

Austin's Mom

Boxer Insane
I'm so sorry you and Boomer lost your little friend. It was nice that Boomer stayed with him until you got there so he wasn't alone.

Boxer101

Boxer Pal
Boomers brother

I am soooo sorry that you lost your friend, thank goodness he had a loyal guardian by his side, he new he wasnt alone. **BIG HUG**

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I was sorry to hear about Jacques. God Speed little one!

Status
Not open for further replies.