1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bodyguard (vent)

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Boo, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ascot chief2001

ascot chief2001 Boxer Booster

If this so-called "MAN" is scared of dogs, surely he can just stay away from the fence.....Its obvious thats he's twisted.

2. shorn

shorn Guest

some people !!!!

i know this sort had a few experiences with neighbours like that myself.i would have gone totally ballistic and pulled him over the fence and told him whats what the idiotic,selfish,ignorant,****.why can't people like this just keep themselves to themselves makes me really go into one thats it i,m jumpimg on a plane right now and coming over to sort him out.
    wheres my tablets i need to calm down !!
    thats me ,in boots first my wife would take a much calmer approach and sort him out properly with the right kind of level headed approach.dont let him get to you he,s not worth it she normally tells me and shes right (some times!)

shorn (so angry if i had any hair it would have pulled it out)ambers dad.

3. Debbie Magon

Debbie Magon Boxer Pal

Adele, I have had this kind of cra.... at 3 of the homes we have owned. every time it has been a middle aged male! I ask you? What the hell is wrong with these people!!

In the end I grew to absolutely HATE having neighbors and we shifted to the outskirts of town. Just 6 mins to the main centre so very handy!

Great when you own your own homes but have to sell them because of PIG neighbors!!

Most of my neighbors had dogs and loved my boxers but in a built up area, all you need is one old fart to rock the boat!

I made many complaints but the offenders just counter complained, lied etc.....

NZ police and dog control wernt interested. Fat lot of help they were , just raking in the money and giving nothing in return!!

I was lucky that my hubs could afford this lifstyle property and every day I look around at our green fields and open neighborless spaces and thank goodness I am no longer in the city.

I dont know what you can do but I sure wouldnt make his life too pleasant.

Play loud horrid music during the legal hours just to peeve him. evilicon
    Let him know the annoying will stop when he pulls his head in! :LOL:

4. Boo

Boo Completely Boxer Crazy

They have their own dog. We think it might be a German Shepard/Retriever mix. So it's not real small either. It barks day and night in their other yard (which doesn't share a fence with us).

That's actually how it all started. He had his dog out unleashed in his front yard, it started barking at the fence - surprise surprise - and that was the first time Jasper and Piper barked at that back fence. That was a little odd too, because he did nothing to get his dog away from the fence. Like it was all our responsibility to get our dogs away, even though it was his dog that was unleashed in an open area.

Shorn, I'll make up the guest bed for three then? You, the wife and Amber? :LOL:

Deb, personally I figure that they have the same kind of mentality as wife and child bashers and road ragers. It's about control and power. They know they have the power to make your life a misery, so they do. Fortunately (and many people would think we are crazy), there will be a major road put up next to our house some time this year. That will stop a lot of the problem I think.

Adele

5. Monica156

Monica156 Boxer Booster

Please, please, please, take pictures & video tape this nut's abuse, it's for your own protection, a little bit of CYA goes a long way in todays world. Document everything, dates, times, people/animals involved. Call the authorities *every* time something happens. Is this guy renting or buying? If he's renting call his landlord, calll the newspaper...The sqeaky wheel gets the grease!

I agree with what everyone else has said already. If this freak does this to animals, God only knows what's going on in his own house to his own pets and family. Just makes me shudder!

In addition to posting any pictures on the web, post his address! I'd be happy to let him he's a looser!

Monica

6. shorn

shorn Guest

ok thanks

don't forget our six children they won't need a room i thought pitching a tent in your garden by your neighbours fence and letting them stay there
    will be enough to make him do a runner just imagine the noise they can make.our neighbours love us what with all of us running around with amber during the summer and this year we will have another pup joining in ahhh the chaos of it all.

shorn,ambers dad+dad of many.

7. samian

samian Boxer Buddy

Please be careful on how you really do handle this situation. You have legal rights as do they if your dogs do actually bite them (or even if they consider them a 'nuisance'). We had a situation with our neighbours this week where our Lola bit her and her two year old son. I was not home at the time and do not know the full story and the story they told me has many holes in it. I won't go through it all here as it is a long story with a history, needless to say that if they wanted to take further action I could have lost my beloved Lola.

I believe they didn't take this action cause somehow they know they are also at fault. Neither the mother or child were taken to the doctor nor was the police or council called about two dogs being out and uncontained (somehow they got out of the house, alhtough our girls never left our property - it all happened at the fence apparently). They have not asked us to pay for the damage to thier fence (there's a big hole in it). They have asked nothing of us, although we have offered. They have taken no responsible action that you would expect after a dog bite. We are somewhat lucky by this seemingly 'guilty conscience'.

Everyday you hear of a dog-attack. Many family pets are destroyed because they bit the child of the house. Was that child being supervised? Was that dog provoked somehow? I know that the child next door was not being supervised when Lola apparently bit him. He puts his hand through the fence to play with them and I am constantly telling, asking, pleading him not to. Lola is always barking at thier dog through the fence, although we have on many times asked them if we can introduce the two dogs to help ease the fence tension. Never has this happened.

This is a very sensitive & serious issue and has many sides to the story. However, while dog laws vary state by state & country by country, most have a "dog bites human dog gets destroyed" mentality. Please find out where you stand legally and what you can do legally.

Although this man is provoking your dogs, should your dogs go him at any time he may request that they be destroyed (even if the request is refused, this is a very upsetting thing to go through). For three days this week this is what I thought would happen to my Lola until the neighbours told me that they are not taking any further action. I didn't think I could cry any more tears, but then tears of relief are different to tears of sadness & shock.

I hear of so many dogs being hurt or even killed by neighbours with a gruge - this man sounds crazy enough to do something like that.

Good luck to you and your family. I really do sympathise with what you are going through at the moment. I really do hope that this situation does not get out of hand and that he and your husband can come to an understanding. Please keep us up to date on how you are progressing.

8. bxr_lvr

bxr_lvr Boxer Booster

I agree with all the posts urging video taping and personally monitoring the boxers when they are out.

I would also say for you to stay within the law. With people like this, they always come out ahead if you step over the line - even if they crossed it first. Somehow when the "good guy" does something wrong, then they are the one the law catches and punishes because they are the one caught rather than the "bad guy." It's happens alot here in the States with our liberal (frivolous) lawsuits. Someone breaks into your house and if you defend yourself, your family, and your property and hurt that person, then YOU are the one sued for everything you have even though the person was inside your home committing a crime. Unfortunately, it happens more often than not that the person committing the crime wins the lawsuit. Justice at it's finest!!! But the point is for you to keep your cool and stay within the law so it doesn't bite you in the backside.

Hopefully, all of this will be resolved soon and with no harm to you and yours.

:)

9. Donna741

Donna741 Boxer Insane

Yes, yes, yes. When I was a child and my dad was in the Air Force, we had a Chow Chow. She was the sweetest dog. However, there were 3 kids who used to come by our yard (in base housing) after school and poke sticks through the fence at her and throw rocks at her. One day she got out of the yard (base housing only allowed a 3 foot fence and when provoked enough she jumped it). She chased those kids for hours, she bit one of them (thankfully not badly) and cornered the other 2. Of course as soon as we saw she was missing we went looking for her and found her with the kids cornered against a dumpster in the housing compound. The MP's quarantined her for 2 weeks to make sure she didn't have rabies (even though we provided vaccination records). The only thing that kept my parents from being sued was the fact that they had already talked to the parents of the kids who were taunting the dog so everyone had already been warned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.