1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blurry spot on eye

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by rmonckton, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmonckton

rmonckton Boxer Pal

Hi All,

Our 2 year old boxer has a little blurry spot on her right eye (only here right eye). You can only see it in the reflection and looks a little cloudy..

Anyone know if this is normal?

Thanks

Rob

2. Billysmum

Billysmum Boxer Insane

This could be an ulcer which I beleive are quite common in Boxers.

Billy had one a couple of years ago - we noticed his eye had a cloudy spot in it. We took him to the vet and they put in some luminous green eye drops and you could see the cloudy area really clearly.

He had 2 wks of antibiotic drops and it was all cleared up.

So I would suggest you take her to the vet to get it checked out - better safe than sorry!

Good luck

3. boxer

boxer Boxer Insane

Yes, please do take him to a vet very soon. A blurry spot on the eye could be a number of things - ulcer, cataract, glaucoma... Anyway, it isn't necessarily something serious, but it could be. And with some of those possibilities any sight loss can be permanent. So definitely worth getting checked! Hopefully it is nothing serious at all, but as Billysmum says, better safe than sorry, especially with eyes.

4. nitrofunnydog

nitrofunnydog Boxer Pal

Eye Ulcers...twice!

My male boxer had gotten poked in the eye by what we believe was a pine needle. It developed into an ulcer. The vet first gave him antibiotic gel to put in his eye and it made it worse! The doggie opthomolgist halted the use of the gel...it was actually keeping too much moisture in the eye and not allowing it to heal. He then had to remove the top layer of his eyeball and we used a salt based drop to dry the eye, and an antibiotic to heal it. It took 5 weeks to clear it up. -then he got it in the other eye. I was told it is part of the boxer breed that they are prone to it. Anyway to prevent it that anyone knows? Each eye, and each doctoral procedure runs me about $350...ouch!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.