Blockage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannysmama

Boxer Pal
My little Manny has been in the "hospital" since yesterday afternoon. He is only 14 weeks old and has an intestinal blockage in which the vet hopes will pass on it's own. If not, he will need to have it surgically removed. Has anyone else ever had this problem with their baby?

angleheart

Completely Boxer Crazy
Oh my gosh, I can't believe I missed this post yesterday. How is Manny? Did he pass it yet? You must be beside yourself with worry. It's so hard...especially when they are so little. I hope he doesn't need surgery. Please keep us posted.

mannysmama

Boxer Pal
Much better!

Manny was able to pass it on his own! They pumped him with plenty of fluids again last night and this morning was cleared! We were able to pick up him up and bring him home! He did get a little skinny though and the next few days can only be on a bland diet but hopefully this week he will put some weight back on! Thanks for the concern. We are very happy to have him home with us again!

dafzichu

Completely Boxer Crazy
I am so glad to hear little Manny was able to pass the blockage. It would have been terrible for him to have to have surgery at such a young age.

emgrove

Boxer Buddy
Yippee! I'm so glad it pass, too! Do you know what it was? Sometimes I can't believe the things that Brinks sucks up as we are merely walking down the street....it's worse than a two year old!

mannysmama

Boxer Pal
Manny

It ended up being a piece of mulch! It was a pretty good size piece too! So beware with these little ones! When he passed it I was like "WOW"! But he is much better now and he has his nice, healthy appetite back!!

dafzichu

Completely Boxer Crazy
Glad he was able to pass it!

Manny, don't be scaring your mom anymore and try to stick to puppy food, I am sure it tastes better then mulch anyway. nonoicon

Status
Not open for further replies.