Bladder infections, terrible gas....help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewha

Boxer Pal
Hi everyone! I have a 7 month old female (named Ali) who is just an adorable little sweet girl. She has now had 2 bladder infections, a bloody nose and now has started having TERRIBLE gas (my husband has threatened to move her crate out of our bedroom)! She has been eating Blue Buffalo food since we brought her home. She is currently taking hydroxizine (an antihystamine) which the vet gave us after the bloody nose. I guess I am just looking for some advice....

Could she have allergies to her food?

What could be causing her bladder infections?

I just don't even know where to start with getting her well. The only thing I feel like I can actively do is change her food (the gas problem has me thinking that it may be part of the problem). Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

mannysmama

Boxer Pal
Food

You may want to ask your vet about switching over to Science Diet. Our Boxer just had an intestinal blockage that gave him some SERIOUS gas! We had him on Nutro which was suggested thru our breeder but the vet said the Science Diet lamb and rice would be easier for him to digest. Just a suggestion. Good luck to you and your pup!

elindave

Completely Boxer Crazy
Sorry, I can't advise you with the bloody nose or bladder infections. But Nikita has definitely been passing gas a lot less lately since we switched her to ProNature. Giving yogurt also helps!! Hope it gets better....

Eli
Nikita (Aug 28 07) fawn, floppy, docked

kayboxer

Boxer Insane
You may want to ask your vet about switching over to Science Diet. Our Boxer just had an intestinal blockage that gave him some SERIOUS gas! We had him on Nutro which was suggested thru our breeder but the vet said the Science Diet lamb and rice would be easier for him to digest. Just a suggestion. Good luck to you and your pup!

Please read about Science Diet at dogfoodanalysis.com. It is not a food I would recommend, in fact it is one of the worst, but there are a lot of other good foods to try that may help. You could try a grainless and see what happens while your vet treats your pup as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.