Bladder Infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elgerdes

Completely Boxer Crazy
This question is regarding our adult bulldog, Macy.

Macy was potty trained as a puppy, and for a while we had no issues. Then about 3 years ago (she was 3...I think) she started urinating in the house again (2X month maybe?). This was only happening while we were gone, so Macy lost full reign of the house. She is now gated in the kitchen while we are away. Then about a year ago it started happening while we were not looking. This was happening once a week.

Fast forward to today. I'm cleaning and Macy is sleeping in the same room. She gets up and pees right in front of me! I told her no, and tried to stop her (not like a puppy you can just pick up!) but she continued to fully empty her bladder. While she was peeing, she "looked ashamed" I guess you could say.

We have always thought she just "didn't care" or would be in the house out of laziness. Doesn't help my parents aren't very good at carrying through with ensuring she knows that this behavior is not acceptable. But back to my point... Could she have a medical issue? I immediately thought bladder infection, but there was no blood. Ideas????

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
You don't need blood for a UTI. Infact by the time there is blood things have gotten really bad! Take her in and have her looked at. It could be a UTI, or it could be an incontinience issue. Either way a doctor's visit is in order.

tastubbs

Boxer Insane
Ditto. With incontinence they just can't help it. Also, look for any trends, such as following a meal or a large intake of water. Take your dog to the vet to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.