1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"black friday"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bucca, Nov 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xenaprincess

xenaprincess Boxer Insane

I have never heard of "black friday", but now I know what it means thanks to you guys. It sounds exactly like Boxing Day, although that event has calmed down somewhat since Boxing Day sales have been known to last for a month or more now! In any case, that's not for me. I despise huge crowds, rude people and long line-ups. Then again, change the scene to a club, with a shooter bar, and I'm there! partyicon

2. sherri0121

sherri0121 Banned

First, you couldn't pay me enough to hit Wal-mart on Black Friday! Dh and I look at the sales papers, get up early (we do anyway), forget shower and makeup (only time of year I go out without it) and run brush through hair, head to a few stores. This year we hit about 4 or 5 stores and were home by 9 AM. Ironically, we don't do our Christmas shopping- we shop for ourselves. :LOL: This year we got a 10" miter saw at Home Depot for $60- I was so happy. Dh told me I ruined my X-mas present. I told him I still wanted an air compressor and nail guns. What can I say...I love home improvement projects. Dh started laughing and said were not building a house. :LOL: We both had a good laugh. :LOL:

3. cajunboxer

cajunboxer Boxer Booster

I went with my GF on black friday and that is the one day you don't want to get in a woman's way. I tried to hide in the asle when i could.

4. lafsalot

lafsalot Boxer Insane

Always the procrastinator, I usually find myself battling the crowds as late as Xmas Eve. I actually got all of my shopping done (a first for me) and everything wrapped in the beginning of November. ~ Cathy

5. Boone's. Fmly

Boone's. Fmly Banned

You are my idol Cathy. :LOL:
    I am such a procrastinator but every year I tell myself that this year will be different....hahaha I did hit Walmart for their "black friday" sale only because there was something my kids really wanted and it was extra cheap. :) I was in and out in 15 minutes. Not mentioning the fact that I was there at 4:15AM..that is besides the point. :LOL: I wanted it and had to have it.

6. Adah's Mom

Adah's Mom Boxer Buddy

No way do I get up that early. If there is something we want for our daughter, ourselves or anyone else and it's an early bird thing DH will go get it, he loves that stuff! Then he comes back for me at around 9:30 or 10 and we leave for round 2 of shopping LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.