Bilateral ear infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer'sPapa

Super Boxer
While visiting my family in Dallas over Christmas, my mom commented that she thought Boomer had an ear infection, as he was doing much the same as their boxer, Daniela, had been doing in November.

I took Boomer in this morning to see the vet, and indeed, he has a bilateral ear infection. He has some cleaning solution and antibiotic ointment that I'm supposed to use every two days for two weeks. It will be interesting doing it at home, and I certainly will make sure that I'm not wearing a dress shirt, or for that matter, that we're on the back patio when I get the meds out....as he shakes his head, and I saw some of the ointment fly across the vet's exam room. :eek:

He wasn't milking it while in the vet's office, as he loves visiting with everyone (all 78 lbs of him), but when I dropped him off at home and told him I had to go back to work, he wandered back to the bedroom, jumped up on the bed, and lay down with his noggin facing the door....with that pouting look on his face. :rolleyes:

I'm supposed to leave work early today, so it will be a nice surprise for him. :D

Cheers,
Scott & Boomer

buddy'smom

Boxer Pal
We are sending healing ear vibes to Boomer!! Poor guy, he has Kailee's sympathies as she had an ear infection once too. Get well soon Boomer, and make sure daddy gives you everything you want until you are all better ;)

Jean, Kailee and Clyde

jaimie

Boxer Insane
AHHHH they ear infection thing! I have the unfortunate experience with this! As soon as Baylee sees me with Q-tips she runs! I usually use the q-tip to put the medicine around the inside of the ear (it saves my clothes) that way nothing goes flying out! Also, I know I don't put too much in that way also. It gets gross I know, Baylee has one in both ears right now and she keeps scratching her ears and whining. They don't look beat red like they are really bad though so I think it was caught early enough!

I hope Boomer's ears feel better soon!

Jaimie, Baylee and Brandy

Shan & Erik

Boxer Pal
Kalia has been taking meds for a yeast infection in the ear. Its so hard for us to get her still while giving her medicine, she gets real mad at us. Does any one have any advise for us?
:rolleyes:

Thanks,
Shannon

jaimie

Boxer Insane
Well, what I do for Baylee (since she hates it so much too) is sit on the floor next to her when she is laying down and staddle her. I know it sounds horrible but I have the medicine all ready when I do this so I just squirt & rub before you know it that ear is done. Then once she settles down with that ear I get the other one. Eventually Baylee understood what I was doing and doesn't fight me anymore. Besides the occassional paw in the face if I am not quick enough.:rolleyes:

Jaimie

Cindy Creel

Boxer Insane
Delilah went to the vet today and she also has a yeast infection in her ears. I have not had too much trouble getting her drops in. I wait until she is still and sleepy.

Cindy

Boomer'sPapa

Super Boxer
So far, so good.....another ten days to go

Boomer's tolerating the ointment so far, although I'm still careful about where I am when I put it in his ears, and then I massage them real well to lessen the possibility of ointment flying everywhere.

Cheers,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.