Beware of street children!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

balrie

Boxer Pal
The strangest thing happened yesterday. I live in a kinda bad part of town and I like to take Jack, my new boxer, for long walks and introduce hime to people so he will become socialized. (He has lived with busy owners up untill now that kept him in a pen.) So anyway, lots of people come up to us on the street and want to meet Jack and I make him sit and introduce them. Yesterday a mom and two girls (about 6yr. old and 10 yr. old), came up to us and I introduced them. They were just coming home from bible school. The girls asked if he bites, because Jack looks pretty big and mean, and I said "not that I know" because I've only owned him 11 days. So I let them pet him and kept an eye on him, (because children are a new thing to him and these were about the third set he had met so far) and I chit chatted a bit with the mom. And do you know that that crazy 10 yr old girl bent down and bite Jack on the neck!!!:eek: I jerked back on his leash because If it had been my Mutt Duncan the girl would have been dog food. But Jack just remained very still and didn't do twitch and eye. Thank God. I could just see it now "Girls face eaten off by oversized Boxer." and who would believe that she bite him first????:confused:

So after seperating the crazy kid and my baby i told her in no uncertain terms that that kind of action meant lets play rough in doggie and that she did not want this dog playing rough with her. Her mom seemed to catch on that her daughter had upset me and ushered the little demon off. I thanked Jack for not killing the child and continued on our walk. But I had never experieced anything like that before!!:confused:

All I have to say is beware strange kids, I guess you'll never know what they'll do and thank God boxer's are gentle.lovicon

chi

Boxer Pal
wow...what a brave kid...i took my 2 yr old male out for a ride yesterday thru town and over where the kids play softball and the schools are and we never even got out of the car..he just hung his head out of the window and parents and children alike scattered hahaha...and he's the biggest clown and easy going dog there is...he just looks mean hahaha and he's big...so that little girl needed to learn some doggie manners, i think

Boo

Completely Boxer Crazy
Hmmm I seriously wonder if the child had some disability. I know some bratty kids (not mine of course), and for her age, that doesn't sound normal.

JazznChase

Boxer Insane
Everytime we walk our babies in our neighborhood-all the kids that ask if my dogs bite my husband says YES! Because he is so scared that if they ever do-he doesnt ever want to loose our dogs. So, just to be safe-he doenst want any kids petting them. Not that they would ever do anything.

Storri

Boxer Insane
I can't believe she BIT him.........that is so weird. I agree with one of the posts above that maybe she had something wrong with her, that is so NOT normal :confused: A little kid maybe, but a 10 year old :confused: She is lucky she did not get bit back ;)

MD_Boxer

Boxer Buddy
Wow. People never stop to amaze me. Wonder where the girl got the idea that biting a dog was OK?

I'm glad everything turned out OK. Could have been alot worse.

leenasmom

Boxer Insane
Okay, I had to re-read that. A 10 year old child BIT your dog??? She sounds like my neighbors demonic child. I wouldn't know what to do if a child was trying to eat my dog.

balrie

Boxer Pal
It freaked me out, but Jack was cool as cucumbers!:eek:

Now I don't introduce him to strange kids anymore. wormicon

ladybug12597

Boxer Buddy
What a weirdo. Did the mother seam to think it was OK. If my child ever bit a dog I would bite her back. It would be a lot less painful for me to bite her then for a dog to bite her. Being a parent myself I just can't understand some people. Dejia (my daugher) and Roxy (my boxer) are as thick as theives. By having Roxy around Dejia knows better then to be mean to animals.

I usually let kids pet Roxy when we are out walking because she is so use to it. But she is very timid around strange men so I always warn them to stay away from her. Granted she is no giant (1 yr 3 mo. 40 lbs) but still a bite is a bite and I'm not willing to take that chance.

My gosh, how, why! would you bite a dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.