Best way to teach weave poles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

larrygs

Super Boxer
We have worked on entries for awhile and just begun 6 pole training. I have learned there are several ways to teach weave poles, eg. 2x2's, weave-a-matic, channel, and shaping. I would like to get something for practicing at home. However I am getting differing opinions on which type. I am hopeful those on BW can tell me.

What works best for boxers?

chrystel

Boxer Insane
I think Oxford is starting to get in NOW only.. after 18 month :LOL: So I don't know if i could help you with the weaves...

IluvLucy

Boxer Insane
Weave poles seems to be the hardest thing for them to learn. J.C. was taught by leading him through them. First on leash, and later with treats. If you want to practice, weave poles are the easiest obstacle to make yourself. You use iether a wood pole or pvc pipe with a nail on one end. Then you just stick the end with the nail into the ground. Space 6 of these out in a line (I can't remember if it is 20 or 24 inches apart) and you have a set of weave poles!

larrygs

Super Boxer
Took your advice and we now have 6 DYI weave poles sticking in the grass to practice on. What I like is I can set them up on an angle like Weave-a-matic, or a channel, or straight line. Also like the idea of being easily removed and stored.

TwoDogs

Boxer Insane
Susan Garrett's 2x2 method, hands down. Get the dvd set--very thorough weave training program.

Status
Not open for further replies.