best shampoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dharmadoodle

Boxer Pal
Well I think it depends really. Does your dog have skin issues at all? If so a mild shampoo would be better for example.

Rogue has an apple smelling one, can't think of its name at the moment.

:)

mjyoung25

Super Boxer
What about one for fleas? I know Matilda gets her bath once a week, and I think her skin is sort of drying out right now because of the heat..

Jpep

Super Boxer
I wouldn't use a flea shampoo on the dog because of the boxers sensitve skin, I use frontline for fleas/ticks, and use a mild soap. She broke out in hives so our vet gave us a bottle of some oatmeal shampoo, unfortunately it's been 5 days since her bath in it and she's starting to smell pretty doggy. Anyways my oatmeal shampoo ismade by Virbac, and the baby powder stuff I was using (that I think I'm going back to) is made by Fresh'n'Clean, my only question is that it contains Aloe and I heard that was toxic to dogs. Does anyone know if we should avoid shampoos with aloe in them???

Bobbarker

Boxer Buddy
A mild oatmeal shampoo is a excellent all around choice, especially for smooth and short coated breads. Not only is helpful in relieveing itchy skin, it is gently and moisturizing with out allot of oils. It also is good for healing mild skin lesions. I prefer a oatmeal with aloe. I have a dog with atopy allergies(contact allegies) so his skin is often a mess and I can use this daily during his high allergy season.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I use Earthbath Mango Tango Shampoo. It seems to be gentle and it smells nice. They also make a number of other formulas, including an oatmeal one. :)

Xander's Mom

Super Boxer
We use frontline for fleas and ticks and use baby shampoo for baths :) it leaves their coats sooooooooo soft.

Last edited:

tatum

Super Boxer
I use Veternarians Best hypoallerginic shampoo. I love it and 1 bottle lasts along time and it works good with Advantage. I buy it at Petsmart. Its really good on my dogs skin and coat. They both have a really soft coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.