1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best dry dog food

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by Ryker, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boxedin

boxedin Boxer Buddy

Dog Food

Hi
    I feed my three dogs Acana, it's a food made in Alberta Canada, from whole ingredients. No corn, rice, grains...my dogs LOVE it, and they are doing really well on it. Their coats are shiny, no loose stools, healthy teeth, lots of energy. Look it up, they have a good website. Royal Canine is garbage, so is Iams.

2. PeachesDaddy

PeachesDaddy Boxer Pal

TOTW with Bison here too. Switched to it cold turkey with no problems. Peaches gobbles it right up. She's a member of the clean bowl club. she'll lick the bow after she's done.

3. RockyCody

RockyCody Completely Boxer Crazy

We feed any/all TOTW formulas. I can switch bags/flavors with no taper and Rocky does fine. His poops have never been as firm as they are since we started eating TOTW. He is so skinny still though - but he's just 14 months. He eats what the bag recommends and possibly more depending on how he's doing that day. I'd say a big bag lasts about 2-3 weeks.

4. HokieGirl

HokieGirl Boxer Buddy

I feed Blue Buffalo as I need an egg free formula. Rocki was on Nat Balance (Venison and Sweet Potato) which she tolerated well but I found Blue Buffalo (Chicken and Rice) is a little cheaper 30# for $45 vs Nat Balance 28# for $50. The Blue Buffalo has more calories per cup so I use less. Rocki was on Blue Buffalo as a puppy but we tried something cheaper and she didn't tolerate it and had to put her on limitied ingredient diet for a time (Nat Balance). She has done well on Blue Buffalo. Plus to get TOTW I have to go 20 mins out of my way whereas I can get the Blue Buffalo in town (5 mins away).

5. BoxerMoments

BoxerMoments Super Boxer

We are also fans of TOTW... We feed the High Prairie and Wetlands formulas. We have had nothing but good luck with TOTW. We have tried EVO red meat and it was one of the only other foods we've tried that kept his stool firm but his gas was unbelievable and the cost of TOTW is great for the quality of the food. We also pay $43 for a 30lb bad and that lasts I think about a month and a half. Good luck with it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.