1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Besides Boxers... what other pets do you own?

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Gen G. :), Mar 2, 2008.

?

Besides Boxers, what other pets do you own?

1. Dog: Other Breeds

50.5%
  2. Cat

59.3%
  3. Bird

16.5%
  4. Fish

30.8%
  5. Small Rodents

8.8%
  6. Horse

7.7%
  7. Other (Please specify)

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djheitz

djheitz Boxer Insane

Currently -- Roxi, Harley, a bearded dragon and a snake (ball python, I think). Reptiles both belong to our 19 yo son (aka Ellie Mae).

In the past -- Lucy (weimaraner), Gretchen (GSP), Blondie (cocker mix), Callie (calico cat), and a variety of hamsters, guinea pigs and parakeets.

2. aceowner

aceowner Boxer Buddy

The two dogs we have in the house are Ace (boxer) and Stetson (english bulldog). The outdoor dogs are the ones that are trained for hunting...Ginger, Boss, and Dixie (Brittany's for quail hunting) and then Shooter (Chocolate Lab for duck hunting)

3. Chiefsmom

Chiefsmom Boxer Insane

Besides Chief (our Fawn), we have Sam (black lab mix) and Kitty (cat)! And I love them all! :D

4. warmellie

warmellie Boxer Booster

we currently have two boxers, Lucas and Zeke; a ball python named Sid Rosebud; two gerbils (Spike and Remie); & Two hermit crabs, (Ratchet and Hercules.) I did have a ferret named Binks. He passed away a few months ago.:(

5. El28

El28 Boxer Booster

Besides Toby and Nemo (Boxers), we have
    4 Blk. Angus cows 2 mommas and 2 heifers, they were'nt supposed to be pets....Big Momma, her calf Snot, Brisket and her calf MooMoo
    8 ducks (my mom thought it would be cute to give us ducks for Easter, since we have a pond) they are a pain, but so funny!!! They are afraid of the pond, so they stay up close to the house and swim in a kiddie pool....
    3 chickens (again mom thought it would be cute for Easter) 1 was dyed blue, 1 green, and 1 blk, they've since grown out of the Easter dye, and now we have 2 white roosters, and a blk. hen, they are messy but they are cute too...they dogs don't care about the ducks, and just walk in between them, but Nemo is'nt too sure about the chicks, I think it is b/c they are so jerky in their movements.

6. maggie7925

maggie7925 Boxer Booster

Right now we have 4 cats. Their names are Simon, Roscoe, Annabelle and Oscar. We have a Beta Fish named Napoleon... We will be getting a boxer puppy in 3 weeks!! We are going to call her Greta... appicon we are so excited to bring her home. We miss the action a boxer brings to our life!

7. Scrappysmom

Scrappysmom Completely Boxer Crazy

We have a shephard mix Katie, a cat Cowboy, a few fish and a ball python! We used to have two pet rats!

8. Gen G. :)

Gen G. :) Super Boxer

I'm amazed at all the pets some of you have. I sure haven't see much pics of cows and snakes in the Other Pets Gallery ;)

You have a Brittany named Dixie? Wow, I used to have a Brittany girl named Dixie, too! :D She was no boxer, but I sure miss that dog...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  9. melissamw

melissamw Boxer Buddy

I have a 11 y.o border collie/springer spaniel mix, a 6 y.o cocker spaniel, a 9 y.o orange tabby and 2 tigers cats 1.5 y.o.

For the most part they get along very well. My oldest cat doesn't really like any of the other animals.. so he pretty much stays to himself.

My border collie mix has dog agression but only w/dogs he chooses.. he get along fine w/the cocker but if the other dogs shows any signs of having a mind of its own he will fight them.. he has to be in charge and as long as they don't mind it he is fine.. LOL

10. suzyqdogsmom

suzyqdogsmom Completely Boxer Crazy

SuzyQ's friend

Our elderly cat died shortly after we got SuzyQ. She was so wild with the old cat I was leery of getting a kitten. I was afraid she would hurt it just trying to play. We went without for 2 years. Friends of ours told us about some neighbors that moved and abandoned a full grown cat (that makes me so mad I could spit). The neighborhood was feeding him, but all had as many pets as they could handle. What impressed everyone was how friendly he was, liked other cats and dogs and kids and would just hang around with everyone. Well we caved in and took him in. He and SuzyQ are best buddies now and entertain us to no end. He is a large (14.5 lbs) neutered male with the calmest temperament I have seen in a long time. No amount of lunging or running at him can make him run from her unless he feels like it and then it is a grand chase through the house or yard. He can push her out of her bed (she'll jump up as if she fears getting "cat cooties") but sometimes she just puts her nose down and bulldozes him out of her way. A couple of clowns just made for each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.