beds preferred by boxers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmISarge

Boxer Booster
Rusty's "bed" that I bought at Petco for $60 is his mattress in the car; he much prefers MY bed (but he's not allowed in my room anymore, since he won't budge for walk time or playing in his fenced yard).

So, Rusty's Domain is the couch in the living room (covered by a sure-fit pet cover) and he can see 'all the action' (and we can see him!). Oftentimes, I find him laying his head on one of the pillows, at each end.

And we've only had him for a month!! Yes, he's a spoiled furbaby, indeed!

whiskers

Boxer Insane
Well she prefers my bed, but shhh don't tell her she's technically not allowed up there!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/SingedWhiskers/IMG188.jpg

Lol but in all seriousness, I have a Coolaroo cot for them with some blankets thrown on top, and I looooove it. The dogs do too! I like that they're raised off the floor (I don't know why I like it. I just do. lol). It's longer lasting because it doesn't have filling that gets smooshed down and flattened each time they lay on it. It doesn't retain any doggy odor, I can throw the blankets in the wash as needed, and just wipe the cot down - this was my biggest issue with other dog beds, after a while they just end up smelling like dog.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/SingedWhiskers/General/a7692181.jpg

I don't really foresee myself switching back to a "traditional" dog bed anytime soon :) I wasn't expecting to like the cot too much, but I really do!

johann

Boxer Insane
Johann prefers the couch (with ottoman) so he can lounge in comfort. If, for some crazy reason, we want to sit on the couch- he has a Molly Mutts dog bed cover filled with old pillows, then has a bunch of fleece blankets piled on top of it.

brodieboxer

Completely Boxer Crazy
Dempsey loves his memory foam dog beds that I got on Overstock - good, thick, firm quality. I fold up a blanket to use as a pillow on the one in the living room, and he actually has his own pillow in the one in his crate - spoiled rotten!

BeauxsMom

Boxer Pal
I've been looking for new dog beds myself. The two I'm set on..but can't decide between are the Cozy Cave and the Double Deep Slumber Nest. Both are on Doctors Foster & Smith.

Right now he is using one of the traditional pillow beds. It constantly needs fluffing up, and the stuffing shifts.

I'm ready to invest, but I'm just SO undecided!

ZOE*BOXER

Boxer Insane
Catalina also has a Coolaroo. It is fantastic. It is like a cot. Since it has no stuffing, it does not retain any odor. Once in a while, I will bring it outside and and give it a quick scrubbing and hose it out and it will be like new. Catalina loves it. Money well spent. I will not go back to a traditional doggie bed.

Last edited:

jimseabee

Completely Boxer Crazy
beds

I took a memory foam topper, 3 in thick cut it the size of his existing bed and now he sleeps on the floor. He loves the bed now. Just A spoiled rotten boxer.

ZekeZira

Completely Boxer Crazy
Another fan of the Coolaroo here! It took my two dummies (LOL!) a little while to get used to them, for some reason, but now they are on board and love them! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.