Bathing...How often?

How often do you give your boxer a bath?

• 1x a week

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • 2x a month

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • once a month

Votes: 29 35.4%
  • every few months

Votes: 33 40.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvBoxers1

Boxer Booster
Just curious to how often everyone gives there baby a bath. My first boxer got a bath once a month with a special shampoo. My new baby Rylie doesn't have a skin problem so I was just curious.

Eva

Boxer Booster
My babies are always cleaning themselves, and since we live in an apt., they aren't outside as much as dogs w/a backyard, so they don't seem to need a bath but once every 1 1/2 months. In fact, I was just thinking I should give them a bath today! hehe

Eva

Because of the oils in a boxer's coat (dry) they shouldnt get baths often, maybe once every 6 months or so. if they get dirty wipe them down with baby wipes :) or i use puppy wipes.

Madison's Mom

Completely Boxer Crazy
Maddie gets a bath about once a year..... she is extremely clean and never smells:p

Carson my white boy has had two baths since I got him and could have used more . I should have named him Pig Pen instead:D

anni01

Boxer Pal
Anni gets a bath every couple of months. I always thought she was smelled fine until I became pregnant - now I think she's very stinky, but I try to remind myself that Boxers aren't supposed to be bathed often. :)

2boxerdogs

Boxer Booster
We give Didi and Duke a bath once every 4 to 6 weeks. A few times we have gone longer, but I don't like to do that because they get really dirty. Duke likes to get as muddy as he possibly can out in our backyard especially when it is raining and he usually entices Didi to join in. Also don't like to bathe them too often because I don't want to dry their skin out. A lot of times we will just rinse their feet off, especially when it is wet and muddy out.

bustermom

Boxer Insane
At 5 1/2 months, Buster has only had one true bath (with shampoo). When he gets dirty, like after a day at the dog park, I just use a bucket of warm water and a washcloth/towel to give him a good rubdown.

That, along with regular brushing and baby wipes for small messes, seems to work. Although, I do wipe his face pretty frequently with warm water and a washcloth - he has to be one of the messiest eaters I've ever seen! smashicon

bjandboxxy

Boxer Booster
I give Boxxy a bath every 3 or 4 months, or basically when his coat gets that yellow kind of ish, I use one of those white dog shampoos, you know the blue ones, works wonders, he doesn't get real dirty, some times, when we go into the bush, he gets muddy, I wipe his paws, and he seems to get rid of the rest:rolleyes:

ssleighter

Completely Boxer Crazy
Hammer and Ginger have not had any baths at my house yet. But it's been rainy for a long time here, and my backyard sort of resembles a swamp so I bet it's coming soon. I don't think I'd bathe them more often that every 6-12 months unless they were noticeably dirty or smelly. I do brush them pretty regular though!

nrdivas

Boxer Booster
Well I feel kind of bad now. My babies seem to stink to high heaven about every 2 weeks. There is a definite doggie odor in the house. I know you're not supposed to bathe them too often, but I do use a special gentle Aloe Vera shampoo that I paid way too much for.

I live in a house, so they are always coming in and out and playing in the mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.