Bark Park Westerville Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamonasMom

Boxer Booster
The one in Delaware: www.barktildarkdogpark.com
Full Membership $289 - 7 Days a Week Including Holidays

Weekend Membership $259 - Saturday and Sunday only

I'm still waiting on more info for the one in Westerville. The little bit of info I read did not say anything about fees. Hopefully there won't be any but I don't know how they would stay open without any.

jkscosmo

Boxer Buddy
I have taken Cosmo to Antrim Park a few times and have let him off his leash. The street is a good distance away. The times that I've been there the dogs off the leash did stay in one area. I've seen about 20 dogs off their leash at times.

Harbinger

Boxer Buddy
If anyone takes their boxers to Antrim and wants another boxer to play with, let me know. Gideon loves, loves, loves to go play. When it's nice we go probably every weekend, but I've only seen another boxer one time.

tincole

Boxer Pal
Antrim Park

Harbinger said:
If anyone takes their boxers to Antrim and wants another boxer to play with, let me know. Gideon loves, loves, loves to go play. When it's nice we go probably every weekend, but I've only seen another boxer one time.

I go there during the week usually on tuesday or thursday mornings around 9:00am, I was just there this morning, I have a white boxer with a brown ear, she loves to play so if you can make it during those times, let me know.

Maverick09

Boxer Pal
ooo keep us posted!! That sounds like a ton of fun. We took Maverick to Whetstone when he was younger and I'd love to take our new pup there again. I used to live right by the park :)

hugomom1

Super Boxer
myrocky said:
Is it going to be one big open area or will there be trails and walk paths? I would like to be able to take Rocky hiking, do any of the local parks have trails that dogs are allowed on?

Highbanks (Rt 23N of Worthington) has a 2-4 mile dog trail. I've taken Hugo there several times. You have to keep them leashed but it's still a nice walk.

hugomom1

Super Boxer
I take Gideon over to Antrim Park on Olentangy River Road and let him off the leash and swim--on nice days there's always about 20 dogs running around.

I would be careful letting my dog swim in the Antrim Lake pond. I've talked to more than one person whose dog got sick from it. The water is stagnant and is a breeding ground for bacteria in the summer time. UA has unleashed dog hours at all of their parks, which is how I found out about the pond at Antrim.

hugomom1

Super Boxer
I still have one issue with most of the fenced in parks. I don't think they are strict ENOUGH about who their letting in. I like that BarkPark makes sure all of the dogs there are UTD on shots and spayed/neutered. But I've seen several aggressive dogs that maybe should not have been there. My first trip to Bark Park, these two boxers were playing when a Malamute ran up and attacked, biting through the Boxer's ear! From hearing them talk, this was not the first time they had trouble with that dog. A lot of people don't even watch their dogs there, they just unleash them and forget about them till they leave.

Unless I already know the dogs, I like going to a place that I know the dogs are fixed and healthy.

XenaWPG

Boxer Buddy
Dog Trails in Columbus Metro Area

Several of the Columbus Area Metro parks have pet trails and actually many of them have park supervised activities for pets as well. You are correct. At the Metro parks, dogs must be on a 6ft leash. But their trails are usually well maintained and somewhat patrolled by park staff or local law enforcement authorities. Metro Parks are open from Sunrise to Sunset.

Some Metro Parks have scheduled "Howl at the Moon" hikes for pets on a 6 ft leash at 7pm in the evening that are guided by a park interpreter. You know, sometimes it is just as enjoyable for humans and dogs to go for a nice hike in the woods with dogs well protected because they are walking with kind and loving humans who know that sometimes dogs are safer and happier while walking on a leash.

myrocky

Boxer Insane
What does "up to date" on shots mean to them? Rabies is the only vacc required by law, so if the dog is utd in regards to rabies shots is that fine, I wonder? Or are they referring to other vaccines? My dog is not vaccinated expect for rabies. He is a very healthy dog. I would be really disappointed if I couldn't get into a park just because of his vaccination status.

Highbanks (Rt 23N of Worthington) has a 2-4 mile dog trail. I've taken Hugo there several times. You have to keep them leashed but it's still a nice walk.

Thank you! That sounds perfect! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.