Bank update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robyn

Completely Boxer Crazy
Just wanted to update you...I just came in from speaking with the construction supervisor. He has been nice all along and of course, he is just doing his job and what the engineers are telling him to do. It looks as though now they are going to cut the branches up 10-15 feet on my side(nothing I can do, the trees are on their property)to fit a privacy fence under them. This is contrary to what the bank told me on Tue. The sup. feels if the trees are not already going to die, this addtional pruning will. :( He is going to request if the trees die, additional landscaping. He agrees that a parking lot behind my house without a privacy fence is a safety issue with the kids. By the way, if you all want to see the area I'm talking about, there are many pictures at the NBR site, Spotlight section at www.boxerrescue.com ,although it no longer resembles the pictures with the destruction they have done. I'm also sad, because all of the shade perenials I've planted back there will die if the trees go. :( I get sentimental about my plants!

I guess I should feel fortunate, they have raised the grade so much at my neighbors house, three doors down that the parking lot will apparently be above her 6 foot high privacy fence! Needless to say, I will not be patronizing this bank! :D

We are looking at property tomorrow in Fawn Grove, PA. Away from all of this...wish me luck!

------------------
Robyn
Cooper, 5-11-99
Red fawn, neutered male, floppy and docked,rescue
Mugzy, fawn, neutered male waiting at the bridge
Come see our beautiful boxers at www.boxerrescue.com

Will you be moving away from MD to PA? Won't that be too far away? Will you and Matt be changing jobs as well?

------------------
"Juno"
Draco:FawnMale, NaturalEars and NaturalTail(long wiggly tail!!),Neutered..Adoptedon August 26th, 2000 from the Lone Star Boxer Rescue
Poppy:(Judy Old Flame Of Jojupama):FawnFemale, FloppyEars, DockedTail....Rainbow Bridge
Fox Terriers-Jonaki,Bachchu,Jhansi,Julie,Jojo&Doggie:RainbowBridge

JoAnn

Super Boxer
I am so sorry about what is going on with your area. I can't imagine what you are going through. In Tucson things must be zoned differently, we have neighborhoods, then are businesses are set away from the houses. But I have noticed grocery shopping centers being built near residental, but even those are being built with privacy walls, and set a certain amount of space away from the homes. Good Luck!! I hope you find what you are looking for.

Robyn

Completely Boxer Crazy
I just love all of you!

In our county particularly, they are building indiscriminately. There seems to be no prior planning etc. All of our schools have portable classrooms. A elem. school up the street just finished a multi-million renovation 18 months ago and this year they have 5 portable class rooms. My husbands school has 4 portable class rooms. I think the middle school has 10! It is sooo awful. This used to be a smaller community. Matt's grandparents said they used to know every car that went by and know they are about 1/2 mile from the busiest intersection in the county. Unfortunately we live in a development about 1/4 mile on the other side of this same intersection. We knew when we moved here 3 1/2 years ago that we would not be here forever but they have done so much developing in the past 3 1/2 years, it's just so sad.

We have been looking at different property for the past 3 years. But now, we are really looking very hard. Most of the land is not in a development. What we are looking at today in Fawn Grove is only about 25 minutes from us in lower PA. Very small town. We could keep the same jobs.

Thanks again, all of you for your support! :D

------------------
Robyn
Cooper, 5-11-99
Red fawn, neutered male, floppy and docked,rescue
Mugzy, fawn, neutered male waiting at the bridge
Come see our beautiful boxers at www.boxerrescue.com

Robyn, hang in there! I got the shock of my life today. Remember the awful neighbor I told you about??? He told me today what a well behaved, nice and quiet dog I have !! I was sooooooooooooooooo shocked. So, hopefully its a start, he also says shes pretty! I told him I was thinking about taking her to another obedience class and he told me he doesnt think that she needs it. Anyway, I hope your house searching goes well, but take my advice and interview the neighbors first, lol

------------------
Cindy Corl
Lacie female, brindle, natural ears,7-17-99

B

brindlemom

Hey Robyn!
Good luck with househunting. Get a lot of land for Cooper, Callie and Cole!
I agree, Harford County is getting soo crowded. And the building just goes on and on. Like what else do we need, ya know? On Route 40, its factories everywhere now! Such eyesores!

My Mom is going to retire from Southampton in 2-3 years, it is getting too crazy, has changed so much in the past few years. And she has always loved it there. She said there's not enough staff for all the kids that are there. I believe your neighborhood kids go to Southampton.

------------------
Cindy
Striker's Mom
10 month old Christmas baby, born 12/25/99. Brindle with natural ears, docked tail, white "socks", chest, blaze. Cute as can be!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.