Bailey found her voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer Pal
Hi all. It's been a great week with Bailey and every day a new part of her personality has been emerging. All is going well and she had even started to really play in the backyard with us and not just explore. ;) Today she played fetch with a ball.
Today while we were outside the first time, she looked at the neighbor dog through the privacy fence and then went off whining and asking me to play rough with her. She play growled, bounced around, and grabbed the ball I had, etc but then at our other neighbor's house, she noticed someone knocking on the back door. For the first time she barked more than once lol...She listened right away when I told her it was ok but she was already at the corner of the yard w/ her ears at attention.
Later, we were all outside again and our cat made it out in the yard (she likes to come out and wander in our backyard when everyone is out) and the cat (Raya) and Bailey had a brief moment where they just looked at each other and then Bailey got down on her front legs and barked again and turned trying to get Raya to chase her. It was hilarious and of course the cat wasn't sure and eventually wandered off to her favorite covered area with Bailey close behind. Never any aggression shown by Bailey, just playfullness.
I was beginning to think that we would never hear her "voice". I'm glad she's appropriate with it though and doesn't overuse it. She is so fun and it was neat to see one more part of her character. She's really starting to blend into our family.

Boxer Pal
She's about a year and a half - two years old. I'm totally in love with her lol and so is the rest of the family. I was wondering if she would ever make a peep but she evidently will. :)

cdnbxrlvr

Boxer Buddy
We were lucky enough to have a boxer that found her voice VERY early... 4am is her preferred time to let us know she can still find it!!!

Boxer Pal
Rofl. I am thankful that she doesn't seem particularly vocal. I was happy with a quiet dog but this answers the question on whether she is totally mute or just content w/ speaking with her eyes most of the time. Nice, 4am eh? Lovely things these creatures can put one through.
I am off to work on school again w/ a child who refused to do it earlier in the day but at least I got my boxer hug first to relieve stress. I love cuddling that girl. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.