Bad representation by Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dpasto

Did anyone see the Movie Homeward Bound II on Sunday? Since we do not have kids I have never seen this before. A boxer and a bull mastiff played the role of junkyard bullies.

------------------
Bridget - 7 yr. old flashy fawn female cropped and docked (the enforcer)

Killian - 4 yr. old dark brindle male dark mask cropped and docked (big love bug)

Darcy - 2 1/2 yr. old flashy brindle female cropped and docked (bad to the bone)

www.pastoboxers.pages.petsmart.com

chickenz

Boxer Booster
That's understandable, because they have the look, and especially the build for that role. Who cares, we know are beasts are the most lovable.

------------------
Maggie - flashy fawn, born 4/2000, natural ears, part human.

E

Elsa

That's so funny you mentioned that; we don't have kids either so we never saw it but I was channel surfing and saw the Boxer (and thought "how cute- a Boxer) and called my husband in just in time to see the "bad guy Boxer" and the other dog being rolled away in the big pipe. When I didn't see the Boxer anymore I said "I think the Boxer was the bad guy" my husband didn't take it too well. He was bummed.

------------------
-Elsa

Ruby- Flashy Fawn, Black Mask,Cropped, 5/1998

Linda

Boxer Insane
I've seen that movie several times and think it's funny! Boxers do have the "tough guy" look, which is one thing I love about them.
What I think is hilarious is that the boxer character is supposed to be the street punk stray dog, but he's a gorgeous cropped boxer! Not the kind of dog you see running around as a stray (probably more like the show ring).

Lots of people think our Remy looks like Chance.
smile.gif

------------------
Linda
Remy -DOB 6/2/92; white male w/brindle patches;
Bailey - DOB 10/16/99; flashy brindle female
Shannon - 1992?-12/7/99 Flashy fawn; We miss her!

Kindra

Boxer Buddy
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elsa:
That's so funny you mentioned that; we don't have kids either so we never saw it but I was channel surfing and saw the Boxer (and thought "how cute- a Boxer) and called my husband in just in time to see the "bad guy Boxer" and the other dog being rolled away in the big pipe. When I didn't see the Boxer anymore I said "I think the Boxer was the bad guy" my husband didn't take it too well. He was bummed.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is to funny, this is the exact same spot a started watching this movie. I was thinking the same thing "aw look at the cute Boxer" Then I was shocked that he was the bully. Even though I thought it was a cute movie (what I saw of it anyway).
biggrin.gif

------------------
Kindra (Winnie and Pocquie's Mom)
Winnie 1-1-98 flashy brindle female
Pocquie 1-3-98 plain reverse brindle female

Nikki's Mom

Boxer Booster
What's kind of funny, I got Nikki shortly after the movie came out and for several year after that I had children say "Mommy look it's Chance". At first I had not idea who they were talking about until I was a blockbuster's one night renting a movie. She does look like Chance with a short tail.

------------------
Jennifer,
Nikita (Nikki) - White female born 8/1/93

Boxerworld

BW owner
Staff member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dpasto:
Did anyone see the Movie Homeward Bound II on Sunday? Since we do not have kids I have never seen this before. A boxer and a bull mastiff played the role of junkyard bullies.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But aren't boxers brats? LOL

Olly

Here's something that should make you feel a bit better about Disney and Boxers. If you haven't seen 101 Dalmatians...not the cartoon, but the movie, rent it. In there, the two parent Dalmatians meet a giant male Boxer (in the snow, on a mountainside) and are led to safety and towards their kids by him. It's a great shot!!!!
Jennifer :)

------------------
Pharaoh/Fawn/Black Mask
Born 9-8-96

www.geocities.com/jemjen24

For the "BOXERWORLD REG'S" PAGE ...CLICK THIS LINK...

www.geocities.com/jemjen24/boxerworldregs.html

Here you can see the Boxerwold REG's with their families and dogs

Linda

Boxer Insane
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jennifer - Pharaoh's Mom:
Here's something that should make you feel a bit better about Disney and Boxers. If you haven't seen 101 Dalmatians...not the cartoon, but the movie, rent it. In there, the two parent Dalmatians meet a giant male Boxer (in the snow, on a mountainside) and are led to safety and towards their kids by him. It's a great shot!!!!
Jennifer :)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't remember that part. :( That's one of the few Disney movies we do not own. I'll have to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.